T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who has tried dye-sub on the vapor baby doll shirts and how was the quality been. I see they are 93% poly. Is it a noticable difference after they are washed? Would you wash them before letting the customer have them? will the 7% that comes out stain the rest of the shirt (white)?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have printed on the blue baby dolls shirts for myself. I have not seen any fading in the colors. I'm not too careful of sorting my clothes when doing laundry, and I didn't see any inks fade to other shirts in the load of various colors. But I haven't done a white shirt.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks everyone! I still would like to hear from anyone that has tried them. How do the sizes run and have you had any complaints with the whites being transparent sense they are thinner.

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
they do run alittle small, but the colors come out great. would love to see them add more color choices. all the vapor shirts print well, and they are great to wear in the warm muggy weather. good luck.

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
Size-wise I guess, it could be area specific. Where are you located?
This is the second time I read a comment that baby-dolls run a little smaller - I believe, the comments are from US printers.
Here in Australia babydolls are true to size, while men's shirts run on a generous side and I have customers buying size down.

·
Banned
2,512 Posts
Size-wise I guess, it could be area specific. Where are you located?
This is the second time I read a comment that baby-dolls run a little smaller - I believe, the comments are from US printers.
Here in Australia babydolls are true to size, while men's shirts run on a generous side and I have customers buying size down.
My favorite post of the year! Translated: You Americans are fat slobs and force apparel manaufacturers to create large sizings so that although you are a LARGE you can actually say you wear a medium. I would guess the same is for shoe sizes as well. This put a smile on my face and is so true.

·
Banned
2,512 Posts
Wow OLJ lets not point fingers.
Get over it - simply a humorous look on how we in the states would rather make apparel sizes larger to make us feel better instead of addressing the real issue of this country having an obesity problem that is being passed down to our children and skyrocketing the cases of diabetes. Not meant to offend anyone yet if you are . . .

We have clients in Europe and actually have a sizing chart that equates to the sizing differences between the USA and other countries.

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
My favorite post of the year! Translated: You Americans are fat slobs and force apparel manaufacturers to create large sizings so that although you are a LARGE you can actually say you wear a medium. I would guess the same is for shoe sizes as well. This put a smile on my face and is so true.

Not the way I meant it :eek:
I suppose, it's tendencies of the fit and cut on a particular market, more than anything. And style trends. A lot of my male clients are asking for fitted shirts that are just long enough to cover the belt. And preferably v-neck with short and tight sleeves :)

There's also an issue of non-existant sizing standards. Sizes vary greatly from brand to brand and depending on where the clothes are made. A lot of garments on AU market are made in China and in most cases run quite small - just yesterday I bought an XL top for my 14 y.o., who is generally M.
Goes both ways, I guess.

It would be so much easier for everyone if the sizes where uniform - at least within one countly, if not internationally.
In AU curently there is no standard sizing - the "recent" one was withdrawn in 2007 as it is "no longer relevant": established in 1959, the standard was based on data from a 1926 study... :) As a result, designers and manufacturers are free to make up their own size specifications - often based on "vanity sizing".

·
Registered
1 Posts
Long Sleeve V Neck

Does any know where to find a long sleeve v neck 50/50 or close to it. I have looked everywhere and can't find anything.

Thanks

Todd

1 - 15 of 15 Posts