T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone! i'm new to this forum and hope someone can help me out!
I'm building an UV led exposure unit, and trying to figure out if one of these aliexpress lights would be a good fit for my box.
I'm not good with electricity :) so I would be grateful if someone could advise me on the links i've found. I can't figure out which one is more powerful, or how many I should purchase

Also, should I go with 365 Nm or higher ?

This one seems to be popular but I don't know if one would be enough for a 50 x 60 cm screen, should i purchase a few of these?

Thank you

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hey everyone! i'm new to this forum and hope someone can help me out!
I'm building an UV led exposure unit, and trying to figure out if one of these aliexpress lights would be a good fit for my box.
I'm not good with electricity :) so I would be grateful if someone could advise me on the links i've found. I can't figure out which one is more powerful, or how many I should purchase

Also, should I go with 365 Nm or higher ?

This one seems to be popular but I don't know if one would be enough for a 50 x 60 cm screen, should i purchase a few of these?

Thank you
If I’m not mistaken, you need 400Nm + to get proper exposure. I built a box using 4 x 9W UV black light bars at 400 Nm and they work like a charm.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I bought exactly the same lights but only 4.
I custom built a box that fits a 20x24 screen and did put glass on the top. It does extend the burn time but it’s still half of what it was with a 500W Halogen. Since the negative is face down on the glass now, I get superior burns compared to my first unit.

·
Registered
3,419 Posts
Hey thanks for you reply!
I actually ended up getting these 4x9w uv leds too...but I had ordered 8. Are yours similar?
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B071NT6189?ref=ppx_pt2_mob_b_prod_image

@HandmadeFamily do you put a glass in your exposure box or do without? I read that a glass would make exposure times way longer....

Thanks!
You can buy Low Iron glass fairly reasonably; this lets a lot more of the UV pass through than normal glass. There is also name brand extremely low iron content glass that costs a good deal more and lets virtually all UV through. I went the cheaper Low Iron route and it works great.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Ive I just made my own DIY exposure box...im brand new to screen printing so am far from an expert, in fact I'm a complete amateur! I've got a 50w UV LED light in the bottom, with low iron glass above it. It's 6mm thick and fits 20x24 screens.

I'm still working on my perfect burn time but it's about 1min 45seconds.

As I say I've no idea what I'm doing but am getting there and really happy with the unit - especially considering what it would cost to buy something made the big companies.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts