T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have been experimenting with Ryonet's Warp Drive recently after noticing what we thought was an anomaly.

By accident we forgot about the 4 or so hour window when Warp Drive is active. We had printed 30+ 50/50 cotton poly red hooded sweatshirts (thank you Adam Sandler) with only a short flash to prevent wet ink transfer as we set the sweatshirts to the side. We set all prints aside because we currently only cure with a flash dryer as we save for a better solution. Curing as we go is not an option as the water based inks dry in screen. So we print, flash, set them aside, then cure all after all printing is done...

After missing the effective activated time window of the Warp Drive we walked away from the sweatshirts for the weekend. When we returned we tossed one in the washer to see if we could possibly wash out the ink and salvage the sweatshirt... To our surprise none of the ink washed out or faded or cracked or nuthin bad...What??? We said to ourselves and tossed the rest in the wash as well. All turned out great.

So to test further we took a 100% polyester black shirt and printed white/1.5% warp drive on it. We did not apply any heat for flashing or curing but simply waited 48 hours with normal room temps. Then we tossed the shirt in the wash and surprisingly again no loss of ink.

Then we found this video from Ryonet https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VIS4-MHcDqs starting at 3:09 Ryan talks about not curing with heat but using warp drive and letting the print sit for 2 to 3 days. In this video he is printing on wood rather than fabric so...the experiment continues...

We would love to hear about any experience with this, particularly in any long term usage of garments using Warp Drive but no heat cure.

In question form: What experience have you had with using the low cure additive Warp Drive with no heat cure but a couple days of dry time? Especially any experience with long term durability of such an action.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Very interesting. I started with Ryonets waterbased ink but switched to plastisol. I didnt like the usage window that warp drive gives.
I print posters with waterbased ink and I just let those air dry, so I see why it would be the same with wood. I have about a 1/2 of white that I'll be experimenting with tomorrow and probably throwing it in the washer several times to see what happens

1 - 2 of 2 Posts