T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

To have your own icons or logos printed on dark shirts at spreadshirt it is necessary to make and upload vector graphics (corel drav, adobe illustrator, etc.).

Would be happy to hear any experiences with the process (making, uploading, etc.).

Note, that there is a detailed description available at spreadshirt as of how to make vectors: http://www.spreadshirt.com/Vector_Graphics.45.0.html

Nevertheless please feel free to ask vector graphic related questions.

regards,

Lukasz
spreadshirt.com

·
Registered
400 Posts
Hi Lukasz, welcome to the forums.

I have a couple of questions..

1. What's the simplest way for a newbie to create a vector graphic. What program can they use that is maybe free or very inexpensive. Probably a common question.

2. Can you make vectors in Photoshop version 6.0?

·
Registered
249 Posts
I create my vectors in Illustrator... afterall, it is a vector application. You can also create vectors in Freehand and Corel Draw. To my knowledge you can't create vectors with version 6 or any other version of Photoshop, as it is a bitmap application. Someone please correct me if I am wrong, I'd love to be able to create vectors in Photoshop!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi Adam, hi DickTees,

Dicktees is right - no vectors in photoshop. adobe illiustrator, Corel Draw or Macromedia Freehand being the three popular programms.

Also possible might be SodiPodi and Inkscape although I did not use them myself (but they are open source!).

Further we are about to change our site to accept Paint shop Pro files as well.

And as to what the easiest way is to make a vector graphic... well, you can convert bitmaps in vectors using so called 'trace programs' like corel trace or an online tracing tool available at http://autotrace.sourceforge.net/

But most often you still will need to work on some details manually.

Lukasz

·
Registered
102 Posts
Hi Lukasz,

Just wondering if you would happen to know if I can use the Megalux Ultimate Paint program to make vector graphics? I have Adobe Illustrator but would have to learn it, that might take some time.

Thanks for your help here Lukasz, I really appreciate it. :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hello DMonkey, I don't know the megalux product, so I can't tell if it will work.
Maybe just try to submit one - the worst thing that can happen is that it will be rejected... Lukasz

1 - 9 of 9 Posts