T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have searched the forum, but still not sure how to handle the exact same text (one line) on shirts ranging from S to XL.

At first I was going to make each of them 9" because that is what I usually do on a small. Should I adjust the L and XL and make that text longer? These will be worn by people on a stage at the same time. It's for something at my church (who has been blessing me with lots of vinyl and shirt orders).

I am really torn on what to do, since they will all be on stage at once.

Thanks.

Nan

·
Registered
996 Posts
I usually make the design for the smallest shirt and let my customer know that. You can enlarge for each size shirt. It's up to how much time and vinyl you want to burn up.

·
Registered
2,504 Posts
I don't change the size, every shirt gets the same size unless it is over 2XL then I will change it as it will look funny but from S to XL I don't think it i too noticeable.

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
I'm not doing vinyl so maybe I'm speaking out of school, but with stencil printing you have to burn new screens to size up or down. In vinyl isn't it just sizing the file when you cut the vinyl? I'm only asking because I don't know. :)

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It is easy to change the size of the vinyl. I just select the image and input the new size. I am concerned about how they will all look (Small to XL. 15 of them) on stage with the same lettering on different size bodies. lol I was going to do the S and M one size and increase it slightly for the L and XL. I am going to hold up one of the sizes I cut up to an XL shirt and compare.

I didn't know if people had a preference on how they do these kinds of orders.

Thanks.

Nan

·
Registered
963 Posts
Even if you do change the size for each, on different bodies they will still look different. Short ones, tall ones, fat ones, skinny ones, short skinny ones, short fat ones, tall fat ones, tall skinny ones.......on, and on, on. You are over thinking it.
I do not change the size unless it is 2xl or larger and that goes for vinyl and screen printing. I think I might on a small but since no one ever orders that size I stick to one size.

All of my business is from Middle Schools, High Schools, and Local Church youth programs. Once when I printed all large for the camp counselors, they still looked different when they had them on for a group photo.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts