T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello everyone,

I started my home tshirt printing business few weeks ago using the ghost white toner and the hp laserjet, print quality is great, durability as well, the only drawback i'm facing is big designs since my laserjet prints up to a4.

a3 laser printers are extremely expensive and out of the budget since i already started with this one. so I'm thinking to keep one a3 inkjet printer based on pigment ink to print big designs.

I saw the hp 7110wf for just 130$ in a local store, and it specified to use pigment ink on the hp website. so would anyone advise me if it is a bad or a good idea to buy it ?

· Registered
6,573 Posts
hello everyone,

I started my home tshirt printing business few weeks ago using the ghost white toner and the hp laserjet, print quality is great, durability as well, the only drawback i'm facing is big designs since my laserjet prints up to a4.

a3 laser printers are extremely expensive and out of the budget since i already started with this one. so I'm thinking to keep one a3 inkjet printer based on pigment ink to print big designs.

I saw the hp 7110wf for just 130$ in a local store, and it specified to use pigment ink on the hp website. so would anyone advise me if it is a bad or a good idea to buy it ?
I'm using a HP 7110, it will make great durable washable transfers. It doesn't clog like Epsons do when sitting a long time. This is because heat is used to transport the ink thru the heads. If you ever had a writing pen "clog" or not write even though you can see the ink inside when you used it and take a lighter to heat the tip then it works... same principle. Epson uses static charge to transport ink thru the heads. HPs (and Canon) are thermal inkjet, Epson is piezo inkjet.

Having said that, some transfer papers suggest not to use thermal inkjet, I've only used JPSS on my HP and some stuff I got off Amazon but they both work.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.