T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,
I recently registered with PrintMojo and want to use them for my custom t-shirts.

Does PrintMojo take care of all the taxes? I'm confused because I'm in New Jersey and I don't think we pay taxes on clothing.

Or will I still need to register my name with the state and get a f.e.i.n.? Or only if I branch off a fulfillment site and go solo?

I'm thinking of registering my name with the state anyways so it doesn't get taken, and I'm also thinking of doing some street vending in NY, and I think they require a tax i.d. for that.

Thanks guys.

· Administrator
18,443 Posts
Generally, all businesses must register with their city or county or state office and get a business license. This is not the same as a sales tax license.

Once you cross over into NY, you'll have to do the same thing there. If NY has a clothing sales tax law, you will have to obtain a sales tax license as well.

· Premium Member
51,818 Posts
Does PrintMojo take care of all the taxes? I'm confused because I'm in New Jersey and I don't think we pay taxes on clothing.
Are you talking about sales tax or income tax?

Since PrintMojo is in CA, only CA orders are charged sales tax.

Income tax is something separate and is reported yearly by PrintMojo (you get a 1099 mailed to you at the end of the year if you're earnings are over the amount set by the IRS. I think it's over $600 currently). That's how you report earnings from PrintMojo to the IRS.

Whether or not you need a business license may vary from state to state. You should check with your official state website to check what it takes to start a business.

For most fulfillment sites, you don't really need to register as a "business" to use the site, but if your local laws are different, that's what you should follow.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.