T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
5,478 Posts
I agree with just about everything stated here. I have an older Roland CX-24. I got it for doing vinyl graphics and paint mask for airbrush...it can do much more but serves its purpose handily. I do really love the Suma line of cutters. I dont have the eyes newer cutters have but it wasnt purchased for transfers and registration of printed designs wasnt a need. I do quite a few outdoor/indoor events and this thing travels all the time. There is something to be said for equipment that can hold up on the road...set up and broken down on an almost weekly basis. Ease of use and an easy learning curve with settings that can be changed on the fly. There are a bunch of cutters out there with eyes that dont cost a fortune and will cut your transfers easily. Most have the new T blade head technology or an emulation of it...simply put the blade turns in the cutting head instead of the older drag blade technology. I think any plotter will do the transfers if it has eyes. I have found something interesting doing outdoor events. The simple eye my cutter does have for loading vinyl is sensitive. I dont know what would happen outdoors with a full registration mark sensing cutter. Sometimes it gets very moody in the wrong light. Cutting 1/8 inch letters is just silly...if your work is that intricate for the most part you probably need a full print cut system. I hate weeding small letters with a passion. I havent really looked at the print cut systems in a while but I am sure there is something out there for the transfer market.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.