T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am attemping to create some new designs using the templates from Unisub in PhotoShop.
When I bring them into PhotoShop the size is incorrect, they are much larger than they should be and print much larger. Any ideas on what I am doing wrong? Has this happened to anyone else? I'm using PhotoShop CS.

Thanks,
Cindy

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Hi the image can be resized quite easily in Photoshop. Image/image size alter to size required ensuring the constrain proportions box is checked.

In Corel Draw and Illustrator, the images are imported the exact size they should be.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
After posting my question, I have been working in Illustrator using the templates and as you said the size is fine. Corel and I don't get along:rolleyes: I find Illustrator easier to work in. I wonder why this happens in PhotoShop?

Thanks for your answer:eek:

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Corel and Illustrator being vector based programs handle EPS files in a different way to Photoshop, which is a raster based program, hence the sizing getting altered. You hadn't done anything wrong in Photoshop, it's just one of those quirks, we all have to live with.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I had forgotten that Photoshop is raster, now it all makes sense. I am teaching myself both Photoshop and Illustrator, I just know the basics. We want to do different things with the sublimation items than just use the graphics that unisub offers and more than just a photo. Today I found a tutorial to make a tree and I think I actually got it!

Cindy

1 - 5 of 5 Posts