T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,
I am interested in taking advantage of online catalogs from Bodek and Rhodes, SanMar, etc. to use on my website so customers can see and choose what they want decorated.

My question is - should we choose to display prices and at what mark-up?

As a customer, I prefer to see what the cost is instead of having to call and ask about each item. As a screen printer/embroiderer I prefer to have some control over what I charge.

Any advice on this?

As always, thanks a mil....

· Registered
9,952 Posts
we dont show prices and you may not get a choice on markup at the site either. you will never see prices on low cost items like t's.

we price everything by quote. it just depends on the customer and what they want. for the same item but different decoration we could be quite a bit different with pricing.

· Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
we dont show prices and you may not get a choice on markup at the site either. you will never see prices on low cost items like t's.

we price everything by quote. it just depends on the customer and what they want. for the same item but different decoration we could be quite a bit different with pricing.
TSF allows you to choose whatever % mark-up and I believe Bodek and Rhodes did too, I can't remember. You think its better not to show any price then? I had a customer that kept asking me prices on a million different polos because she couldn't tell right away what was within her budget. It was so tiring for both of us. In the end, she didn't order any.
:confused:

· Registered
9,952 Posts
TSF allows you to choose whatever % mark-up and I believe Bodek and Rhodes did too, I can't remember. You think its better not to show any price then? I had a customer that kept asking me prices on a million different polos because she couldn't tell right away what was within her budget. It was so tiring for both of us. In the end, she didn't order any.
:confused:
Maybe ask what their budget is per shirt and go from there. Some people don't want to do that but hey, I can't help them if I don't know.

We sell decorated items so pricing the shirt and decoration separate is not what we do. Someone who asks for price quotes on a million different items is a tire kicker.

We have had a few like that. Come in, ask for a specific type of shirt, we spend time finding it only to find out it is out of their budget. :confused:

It is just part of the job.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.