T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Seems like most of the big stock transfer designs always have a recommended temperature setting of around 375-385 F. Yet I've noticed that if you use a lower temp of around 355-360 F the colors come out MUCH better and brighter.

Any harm in using such a lower temp? I don't notice anything different, other than the colors being brighter. If I'm not mistaken it only takes 335F degrees to cure the ink right?

·
Administrator
15,478 Posts
If they are sticking to the shirt and pass wash tests, keep doing what you're doing.

The issue with stock transfers is the older they get the more heat and pressure you need for them to stick. This is especially true for transfers without an adhesive backing. And there is no way to know how old a transfer is when you buy it. Could be a week old, could be 3 years old.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If they are sticking to the shirt and pass wash tests, keep doing what you're doing.

The issue with stock transfers is the older they get the more heat and pressure you need for them to stick. This is especially true for transfers without an adhesive backing. And there is no way to know how old a transfer is when you buy it. Could be a week old, could be 3 years old.
Thanks. Yes, I often complain on here about how stock transfers often don't even work, no matter how much time, temp or pressure you use. The ones I've been doing with a lower temp are newer ones I know are only a few months old.

I still like to use a piece of parchment paper after each peel, at very low pressure and only 4 seconds. Just seems to really set the transfer and gives it a nice feel.

·
Registered
3,075 Posts
I still like to use a piece of parchment paper after each peel, at very low pressure and only 4 seconds. Just seems to really set the transfer and gives it a nice feel.
I do too, for plastisol and vinyl transfers. It's a small extra step but it gives the transfer a nice matte finish. Also with vinyl it insures good adhesion especially if you got impatient and peeled it a little too soon.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.