T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
8,374 Posts
I have shirts I have printed 7 years ago washed every week. Recently some of them started cracking. There is no care given they are thrown in the washer hot water and dried. Since then all the ink formulas have changed industry wide. IC still seems to last well. Can't remember when it was changed but no problems with IC yet. There were a few ink brands that had some issues at first.

· Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have shirts I have printed 7 years ago washed every week. Recently some of them started cracking. There is no care given they are thrown in the washer hot water and dried. Since then all the ink formulas have changed industry wide. IC still seems to last well. Can't remember when it was changed but no problems with IC yet. There were a few ink brands that had some issues at first.
Thanks sben763 for the knowledge. I have printed some shirts and hoodies and washed a couple of times with no sign of cracking or ink coming off but to actually test it thoroughly would probably break our washing machine and then I would be in hot water :(

If I'm not mistaken Ryan from Ryonet said prints should last for a couple hundred washes in one of the instructional videos but I always like to hear from people not selling the product. I have heard a couple printers talk about ink from the past being better but also hear that the inks now are much easier to work with.

Thanks again!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.