T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
1,749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok...got a question.

In my quest to shorten my cycle time to reclaim screens, I've discovered a way to dry my screens prior to coating and then after burning and washing out the screens.

I have a used Printa 770 1 station / 4 head machine that I am using. The flash unit will pivot over the body of the machine.

I've started putting my screens on the body and positioning the flash dryer over the screen about 12 inches. This seems to dry the screens in a very short period of time without any APPARENT problems. I don't leave the screen unattended to make sure nothing bad happens...LOL.

However, being so new to this, I wonder if there are some unintended consequences to this method or have others been doing this and I am just finally catching on??

· Registered
1,749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys!!

I thought it was too easy!!! LOL

I'll revert back too the "normal" way of doing things and keep this little trick available for when a screen goes bad at 2 am and I'm rushing to reburn and finish the job!! :)

· Registered
5 Posts
not a very good idea unless you are in a hurry because that much heat on your mesh will cause it to fray very fast,and a frayed screen mesh wont hold fine detail very well.I suggest just letting them dry natural, it will ave your screen life and your image will look sharp & clean

al s j mogavero

· Registered
1,749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
We use a simple box fan positioned 3 inchs away for screen. Dries in less than 5 minutes. The heat that the flash dryer produces even in small doses will cause the silk fibers to break down over time. Meaning you will drastically reduce the life span of the screen.
Yeah..that's what I typically do if I can't let them sit outside out store window in the sun.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.