T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to buy a Sawgrass Virtuoso SG400 but just wondering is it possible to swap out the cartridges for Durabrite or pigmented inks if I need to or would i be best buying another printer?

Thanks

· Registered
859 Posts
I'm looking to buy a Sawgrass Virtuoso SG400 but just wondering is it possible to swap out the cartridges for Durabrite or pigmented inks if I need to or would i be best buying another printer?

Thanks
You should use a separate printer, one for sublimation and one for pigment ink.

Reactions: Dekzion

· Registered
6,579 Posts

Thanks
On Ricoh's the have long ink lines and the ink lines would need to be flushed completely in order to switch ink types.

So you cannot just swap carts out "on demand" like you can for many Epson desktop models.

Also "Durabrite" inks are specific to Epson printers only. While they are pigment inks "Durabrite" inks and 3rd party Epson compatible inks cannot be used in Ricoh's, they have a different ink viscosity.

Ricoh's OEM carts are pigment and work OK for tshirts, but the Virtuoso from Sawgrass there are no pigment inks available except maybe Chromablast. Regular Ricoh printers if you bought from other than Sawgrass come from the factory with pigment inks. But as I mentioned these cannot be swapped "on demand".

As the other poster mentioned you will need a separate printer.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.