T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have bought a Oki Color Laser Printer after long days and nights researching printers . The Epson are good printers . But on another board I found that the Okidata printer is also good . It prints faster and can be used to make transfers for all surfaces. ALso found out that you can put transfers that you makecustom on cotton garments .It is all about the amount of Pressure you apply. The inks that you use are less wasteful and easier to set up .:)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was told that it gives the same as sublimation. have not tried it yet but will let you know when I get it started up .

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
Durability really depends on the paper you are using for it. As far as a color laser printer goes, I haven't found a paper that lasts as long as sublimation, but I would be interested to learn if there is one out there. I'm familiar with the Techniprint & Lasertech lines of paper...what paper are you going to test?

·
Registered
380 Posts
The OKI 3200 and 5200 models produce very nice digital transfers for cottons and blends. I have been using a 3200 with Bill Leek's paper. Very nice results. No, they do not wash quite as well as screen printing. The obvious advantage is that you can printed small quantities of full color graphics very reasonably.

If the graphic allows, I try to trim roughly around the graphic as you would with an inkjet transfer.

The toner make-up of these printers and transfer paper are the key. TechniPrint works fine for canvas tote bags which do not get laundered too often, but that's about it. It has a very stiff hand and cracks. It can make a cotton tee stand up on it's own.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Techniprint...if it is cracking after washing it needed more pressure or heat at time of pressing. Alot of people do not realize that this paper is made to withstand higher heat of laser printers fusing units, so that means it needs more heat and pressure when pressing.

Image clip will also run through the Okidata printers. This is a transfer that when completed looks similar to a silkscreen. It is a two sheet process that when pressed to the shirt the only thing that transfers is the toner. Not the extra polymer.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts