T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought of an idea for another use for my business cards today. I wrote 10% off discount codes on the back of them and I plan on taking them with me when I go out to dinner or to the mall.

On some of them I wrote a note saying thanks for great service and a 10% off discount code, the idea for these is to leave them in with the check after eating out. On the others I wrote a general note with a discount code and I'm going to leave these scattered around the mall.

Has anyone done anything like this before, if so, how did it work out? Also, if anyone has any other ideas for other uses for business cards I would love to hear them =)

·
Registered
612 Posts
I used to have a web store and sell stuff on eBay. I used cards with a discount code and put them on the hang tags, especially on the shirts sold on eBay. It seemed to work pretty good. Put different discound codes on ones you hand out, verses eBay sales, etc...etc. That way, you can track which marketing methods are working the best by which codes get used.

Good luck!
Nick

·
Registered
679 Posts
I thought of an idea for another use for my business cards today. I wrote 10% off discount codes on the back of them and I plan on taking them with me when I go out to dinner or to the mall.

On some of them I wrote a note saying thanks for great service and a 10% off discount code, the idea for these is to leave them in with the check after eating out. On the others I wrote a general note with a discount code and I'm going to leave these scattered around the mall.

Has anyone done anything like this before, if so, how did it work out? Also, if anyone has any other ideas for other uses for business cards I would love to hear them =)
I hope you're not going to leave a 10% coupon in lieu of a tip, LOL.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So far after a day or two I've had some great results as far as traffic goes, but no extra sales yet. I am going to keep trying this at different locations and such and see where works the best.

If anyone else trys this out I would love to hear your results! =)

·
Registered
23 Posts
everyone who sees it is going to think you are, they'll tell people you are etc etc.

best advice i've ever got is "don't give a discount unless you have to"

·
Registered
23 Posts
Just had a look at your shirts, id change the dark grey design photos. at the moment the mens and womens look sooo similar. Make the background different people might then see it as two different products not a variation of the same thing....

·
Registered
125 Posts
I'd suggest not to leave a bunch of cards scattered through the mall. Unless its JUST your website on there. If your name/number/email is on there expect tweens to be pranking you and whatnot.

·
Registered
196 Posts
I get a lot of attention by wearing my T-shirts in our historic downtown district, and handing out business cards to people who comment on my T-shirts. I make it a point to ALWAYS wear one my T-shirts and ALWAYS have my business cards with me - I get lots of compliments and I never know when someone's going to ask me where I got my T-shirt. :)

I don't do discounts except for some groups I think might be interested in my shirts (like volunteers at a local museum). I don't want to give them to everybody or else everybody will think they can get a discount.

·
Registered
285 Posts
everyone who sees it is going to think you are, they'll tell people you are etc etc.

best advice i've ever got is "don't give a discount unless you have to"
I don't see anything wrong with offering discount. Maybe it's not in your business plan or marketing but all stores that I know offer some kind of sale at least once a year and most big stores always have something on sale.

·
Registered
23 Posts
and thats fine but they don't have it on their business cards offering a perpetual discount.........

why not just reduce the price of your clothes if your prepared to offer a perpetual discount....

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
@wetkiwi Thanks for your suggestions but I don't think there is a problem with discounts. And also the photos I have are temporary until I meet up with the people that are modeling for me. And like I said above, a few business cards in a local mall is not going to blow up and lose me a ton of money. So far, it hasn't lost me ANY money it has only brought me a bit more traffic for a few days, and thats all. Even so, if people are willing to find the discount codes, I don't mind them using them.

@Fbomb None of my contact info or information of any kind is on the cards. Its just the website.

@lincolnapparel I do the same thing =)

·
Registered
23 Posts
@wetkiwi Thanks for your suggestions but I don't think there is a problem with discounts. And also the photos I have are temporary until I meet up with the people that are modeling for me. And like I said above, a few business cards in a local mall is not going to blow up and lose me a ton of money. So far, it hasn't lost me ANY money it has only brought me a bit more traffic for a few days, and thats all. Even so, if people are willing to find the discount codes, I don't mind them using them.

@Fbomb None of my contact info or information of any kind is on the cards. Its just the website.

@lincolnapparel I do the same thing =)
never said it was about money, its about your image in the consumers mind.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I agree you devalue yourself and the market. You need to make contact with people face to face. Sell them on the value of your product not the deal you can give them because you will start to only get that type of clients.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I agree you devalue yourself and the market. You need to make contact with people face to face. Sell them on the value of your product not the deal you can give them because you will start to only get that type of clients.
haha someone with some sanity!

as much as a lot of people dislike it you have to go out and talk to people thats the best way to get things done :)

1 - 20 of 28 Posts