T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ive read alot about using bleach and ive used it b4 works well looks awesome. but i have somthing to run by you guys... the ink that i use always feels wayyy to stiff when ever i have to lay down a white base and like 2 other colors on top of it.

so what i was thinking is insted of laying down a huge spot of white ink i could bleach (50/50 water and bleach) that same spot and then go over it with the rest of the colors ushally what i see is that with the inks as long as i dont have to use a white base my shirts stay pretty soft to the touch.

· Premium Member
13,203 Posts
Would it work? Possibly. But you might be better off using discharge inks instead. Bleach might be okay for one off home experiments (I never did get around to trying it, as I used discharge instead), one colour printing, etc. but once you get into anything involved (like a multi-colour registered print) it would make more sense to use actual ink. Discharge will give you the same effect, but it's actually manufactured for the purpose.

· Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Would it work? Possibly. But you might be better off using discharge inks instead. Bleach might be okay for one off home experiments (I never did get around to trying it, as I used discharge instead), one colour printing, etc. but once you get into anything involved (like a multi-colour registered print) it would make more sense to use actual ink. Discharge will give you the same effect, but it's actually manufactured for the purpose.
thanx 4 that, i have no idea what discharge is, if you have anymore info on it that would be great like where to get it how exactly it works ect.

· Premium Member
13,203 Posts
thanx 4 that, i have no idea what discharge is, if you have anymore info on it that would be great like where to get it how exactly it works ect.
Discharge is a type of ink. It isn't as pleasant (or healthy) to work with as regular ink, but if you're working with bleach anyway that's going to be beside the point.

Discharge ink removes the dye from the shirt without harming the fibres of the fabric.

Any decent screen print supplier should be able to sell it to you, but you definitely want to read up on it before buying. There are more threads about it on the forum.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.