T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi.. i just started getting into t-shirt printing. and since im new with this i just want to know if i can use a stencil for printing and how to make it works and what tools do i need to make it work... i tried this by a couple of times but i didn't get exactly what i want from it..what i do is i print my design thru my computer using a paper. then cut the black layer and put it over the t-shirt.. but the thing is after i use the stencil i can't use it again with another t-shirt and sometimes its a mess. is there any material i can use instead of paper for stencil that i can re-use again??? and is there i can step i can follow to make it work?? plss help or give some advice. thank you very much.

·
Registered
6,328 Posts
Look for a screen printing supply store in the yellow pages or online. In New Jersey there's a good one called Promotional Screen Printing Supplies I think. He has an online presents, and can ship to you. Call them on Monday, and ask for the owner Mark, and he'll tell you everything you need to get started.

If you're low on cash, now I'm being honest here, get a part time job until you make enough to buy your own kit. Michaels and AC Moore also have one that I think every screen printer I know started with. I can't remember the name right now. Speed Ball I think. It's under $100 for a screen, paint & brush or two plus book. Also LogosSP.com I think, has a one color machine for cheap.

You can also look at the sponsors on this site, like screen printing supplies. They all have a starter kit. I promise, if you buy one you will more then make your money. Everyone I know needs screen printing at one time or another.

Just remember, everyone buys on their time, not yours or my time. I hope you understand that. What it means is, someone may say, I need this many t-shirts for my company. Then they get involved in some big project at work, and can't order until they have free time. Sometimes that's a day or two, or months and in some cases, a year or two.

Wish you the best, oh, check out craigslist and the Classifieds here on t-shirt forum for used screens, ink, etc. Little tip, don't buy something you can't afford to pay cash for. Uncle Sam will let you deduct it, but not for a few years if you buy, and up to about $100,000 per year if you lease. Make sure you have the revenue coming in to pay for it though, or you'll be delivering papers for a while to pay it off.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts