T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If a customer says he has a cd that someone used to embroidery his logos before, if he lent me it, would it be in most likely in vector already or bitmap that I would have to work with?
lindaschallenge needing help?

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Hi Linda. They only way you are truly going to know the answer to that question, is when you physically get the disc onto your computer.

Converting raster images to vector can be done, but how long that takes, will depend on the complexity of the images you need to vectorise.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Let me ask this, with embroidery equipment, does that use the same software like coreldrawl X3.
If you can get something to the cad cutter, it would also go to the embroidery equipment if set up according to the equipment?
I had thought about embroidery machine, the ones they advertise for starters. Do they come with software of their own.
Thanks for your time,
lindaschallenge

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Hi Linda. Many embroidery machines come with their own software.

Most designs need to be run through digitising software, before you can run them on your machine. Corel Draw has no way of knowing what the thread colours are.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
He did say the cd was already digitized and ready to use, so that would be more for the embroidery machine then.
Thanks again,
lindaschallenge

·
Registered
3,187 Posts
Customers think, and say, all sorts of things about their graphics. I used to work in the sign industry and I can't count how many times someone came to us with a "digitized" photo which was a 72dpi jpg from the internet, or thought that we could take their business card and blow it up to a 10ft sign with no problem.

Generally you can trust customers about as far as you can throw them when it comes to graphics. The only way to do it is to tell them "we'll see" and take a look at the file before promising anything.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks again, I appreciate your help.

Is there an easy 1-2-3 step you could give me for working with the graphic on his card to go to vector from bitmap. If not I will understand. I keep trying to figure it out in the book. If I got started on one project, it would get me started atleast.
If not, thanks again for your time.
lindaschallenge!!!!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts