T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My daughter and I just bought a used Kiosk this morning. The guy we bought it from acquired it in a purchase of a sign shop. He never used it and I am not sure how long he has had it. He turned it on when we were there and swore it was a kiosk 2 because it had white ink.

Now that we have it back at our shop, we have found out is is a Kiosk, first generation.

My question is, can we upgrade the ink delivery system to the better Kiosk 2 WIMS system?

Or does anyone know if the bagged system can be used on these?

My daughter is ready to take it back to the buyer since he misrepresented it to us, but I want to make sure this machine is hopeless first before throwing in the towel.

Any help would be appreciated

thank you,

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
My daughter and I just bought a used Kiosk this morning. The guy we bought it from acquired it in a purchase of a sign shop. He never used it and I am not sure how long he has had it. He turned it on when we were there and swore it was a kiosk 2 because it had white ink.
K1 were converted to use white ink, YOU have to know what you are looking for to be able to tell the difference between a k1 and k2. How did you figure out it was a k1 and not a k2??

My question is, can we upgrade the ink delivery system to the better Kiosk 2 WIMS system?

Or does anyone know if the bagged system can be used on these?

bagged system is the way to go, less expensive then the WIMS system.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
basically we looked at what he gave us which was The owners manual that had the serial number listed beside the Kiosk with white ink. Also the dvd only had the drivers for the 2100 and 2200. From what I have heard the Kiosk 2 is based on the 2400.

I have to order a new capping station and pump (is raising hell)

I would love to do the bagged system. What inks are used in that? I believe they have been running fastinks in this machine.

Is it okay to mix ink brands? Are they basically the same, or are some better than others?

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
Little, lesson I hope that will help someone else in the near future.

basically we looked at what he gave us which was The owners manual that had the serial number listed beside the Kiosk with white ink. Also the dvd only had the drivers for the 2100 and 2200.
K1/k2 were Epson 2100/2200 based printers from DTG Digital

Hence called DTG Kiosk1 or DTG Kiosk2

K1 > ran dual CMYK in the 7 channels

k2> was introduced with 3 channels marked for the light colors in the K1 changing them to white channels (3 white + CMYK)

K1 were converted with a firmware upgrade (motherboard) and light channels replaced, some other upgrades were done but mostly done by SWF East/Mesa.

The fraternal twin of the K1/K2 were Tjet 1/Tjet2

K1/K2 came RipPro software and DTG Digital Bright V02 inks
Tjet1/Tjet2 came with Fast Artist with Fast Inks

From what I have heard the Kiosk 2 is based on the 2400.
The Kiosk 3 and Tjet 3 were released and were the demise of the Kiosk
but neither ran off the 2400 printhead. Also, it was an eight channel printhead running dual CMYK again or CMYK + 4 white channels

I have to order a new capping station and pump (is raising hell)
You will probably need to order more than just a capping station. I have refurbished several k1, k2 printers and if you are dry firing that printer, meaning you are turning it on and letting it run with no ink in the lines or dried up ink you are risking blowing the ribbon cable down to the motherboard. Which can be a costly fix if you are not careful.

I would love to do the bagged system. What inks are used in that? I believe they have been running fastinks in this machine.

Is it okay to mix ink brands? Are they basically the same, or are some better than others?
No, its not wise to mix ink brands. If the printer came with ink hopefully it came with receipts because there is a shelf life to white ink (6months) and CMYK (1 year). I would not recommend, you fill up the ink with anything that was given to you unless you have a confirmed date of purchase and even then those dates are when they were sold not when they were bottled.

Do you have a photo of the printer? I can let you know which one you have?

Front and back photo
also, look inside your waste ink compartment for a button

·
Registered
9,210 Posts
the k2 is a 2200. contact www.equipmentzone.com for the bagged inks. you will also need a rip software to print.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts