T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the life span of a GT-541?

What would be a fare price for a 5 year old GT-541 with a clam shell heat press. Printer run really good and appears to be in excellent shape and 1 owner

·
Registered
4,664 Posts
It all comes down to how long the print heads last. Having to replace them can change how much one should pay for a printer. There are four print heads that cost just over $1,000 each. I would first ask to see if the ink tubes have been upgraded. There are new ink tubes, a swivel and some inserts that you can purchase with the tube replacement kit. Really need to have a tech do the work. I think the cost for the tube replacement kit is between $400 to $500. You will probably also want to replace the caps as the rubber material can wear down over the years. Might need a new waste tank as well. Those are the big things that I can think of.

Recently, some guy sold his GT-541 printer on eBay for around $7,200 and it had one bad print head. Most of the ones online look like they are going for around $10,000. However, any higher than that and you are almost better getting a new one for $15,000 and the one year warranty.

Hope this helps,

Mark

1 - 2 of 2 Posts