T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought and received a used Kiosk 2. Looks like it wasn't taken care of very well and sat with ink in the system for months. I bought a new bottle system with dampers and was able to flush out the system a bit by holding down the ink fill button. However when I power the machine on it jogs the printhead back and fourth a few times, and then the error eject and all the low ink lights start flashing. Manual said to simply try turning it off and on. Also said to clean the sensor ribbon behind the printhead. Tried both, cleaned the sensor ribbon with isopropyl alcohol. Same result.

Any ideas? And also how would I (can I) get support for this machine? I bought it used, and so don't have an official relationship with a dealer.

·
Registered
481 Posts
Welcome to the wild world of dtg! Do some searches on kiosk in the forum and learn from the past. There are also lots of old links if you search google. P mail me and I will send you some.

If the print head cannot find it's home position, it will do what you describe. Dirty or scratched sensor 'ribbon" can do this, as can build up around the capping station. See that notch on the carriage lower right center? That has to be completely clear...

If your machine sat full of ink for months without running, you will likely be buying a print head, capping station, and likely a ribbon cable too! Be sure all your wste lines are cleared out.

You can also reset the waste ink container, it's in your manual. This will also cause a fault.

A relationship with a "dealer" is not what you want-unless you have a lot of money to spare. Phone support is of little help, "live" in person help will cost a grand a visit when travel and retail parts are added in.

You need to develop a relationship with your machine. to be as knowledgeable as a dealer, but self contained, will make you a player. Study...

And get on craigslist or ebay and buy a running epson 2400 with a good print pattern. I have 4-5 of these around all the time. These are your parts, and an epson with epson inks is hard to clog if it occasionally runs. Keep one running for backup, cannibalize another for head, capping station sensor "ribbon", ribbon cables, etc.

Hope this helps you,

dANNY8bALL
www.SanJoseScreenPrinting.com

·
Registered
190 Posts
Go to swf east web site and go to support you will see some training videos. You need to do a waste tank reset

Sent from my SCH-I500 using T-Shirt Forums

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Thanks to you both.

Where's the best place to buy parts? The bottle system with the tubes and dampers doesn't come with a 2400 does it?

This is the bottling system I bought.

http://www.equipmentzone.com/ezprokioskbulksystem.html

Sadly I popped open the plastic chain and removed the tubes because I couldnt see how it installed properly. Im so smart, lol. I see now that it looks like their printer cover has a large hole cut out of it. Mine is solid. I also could be wrong as Im home from work now, but I dont believe I have those black buttons on the front, lefthand "arm" of the printer for lack of a better term. Maybe I really have a Kiosk 1? You can see what I'm talking about in the link posted.

·
Registered
2,645 Posts
I also have a K2 with the solid cover. The bulk system from EZ came with a template
for cutting the hole in the cover. Rather than mess up the cover, I built a new cover
out of plexiglass and wood.... Figured I could always return the machine to stock that way.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Here are some pics of what I've got.

Can I use Isopropyl Alcohol to clean all this up? I imagine using the cleaner solution would be pretty expensive for how much of it I'm going to have to use.

·
Registered
2,768 Posts
Kiosk 2 is 2200 based not 2400.
2200 is 7 channel. 2400 is 8 channel and is what the HM1 is based on. The best that I remember.
All the rest of info seems good. Waste tank reset. Plan on replacing printhead, ribbon cables, encoder strip, pump, capping station, and wiper. Just do it or it will eat you alive day by day. Also buy an extra printhead. The supplies are going to be short soon. No more made after August 2012, short of divine intervention. Same for rest of the parts. So buying up a few working 2200 is not a bad idea. Don't pay over $100. The 2200 has not been made for over 6 years. Epson supports for 6 years. So........
Price is determined by supply and demand. $$$$$

Reactions: inkexit

·
Registered
481 Posts
MY BAD. I have both, Hm-1 and Kiosk 2. Kiosk 2 is epson 2200 based. I have the modified top for the big bottle ink system ez pro 2. If you p mail me your number, I will text you a pic of it. Ink shelf height is fairly critical.

Wow, what a mess. You really need to think capping station and head from what I see there... Be careful with iso alky on plastics.

all the best,

dANNY8bALL
www.SanJoseScreenPrinting.com

1 - 8 of 8 Posts