T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have a two color job; red and white being printed on a black shirt. My question is should I make a underbase screen, a white screen, and a red screen; then print-flash-print-print. Or a white/underbase screen and a red screen and then print-flash-print.

With the second option, while easier, my concern is that the white will not be opaque enough where it shows through. In my experience, I've had to hit the white twice on a dark shirt to get a nice, opaque coverage.

Maybe with the two screens I could print-flash-print-flash-print, but then again I think I would rather have three screens and print-flash-print-print.

Ok I'm done thinking out loud, what is your take on this?

·
Registered
3,314 Posts
personally i prefer using an underbase. this allows for minimal ink deposit and will give you a nice white and red.

I know this adds a screen but in my opinion the finished print is of much better quality and look. Also saves a bit on print time, this makes a big difference on large runs.

If you're limited to 2 screens then i would not put the white under the red. as you stated you'd probably have to hit the white twice to get a nice white, then the red on top makes 3 layers of ink :/

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
personally i prefer using an underbase. this allows for minimal ink deposit and will give you a nice white and red.

I know this adds a screen but in my opinion the finished print is of much better quality and look. Also saves a bit on print time, this makes a big difference on large runs.

If you're limited to 2 screens then i would not put the white under the red. as you stated you'd probably have to hit the white twice to get a nice white, then the red on top makes 3 layers of ink :/
I think I'm leaning towards three screens because I do want it to be non-bullet proof. These are pocket prints for a restaurant. Or I could do the 2 screens for a nice thick print, so ya know its there. But there is also the added step of flashing which may take its toll in the long run.

Yeah, three screens is the way to go. Thanks for helping me think this through.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts