T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all. This feels like a stupid question, but oh well here goes:

I have a one color design that Ive already burned on to a screen and Ive printed it with black plastisol ink. I was wondering if I could use the screen to print the design with a different color ink on to another shirt. Or do I need to use only one screen per color ink? That would seem like a hassle to have the same exact design on a number of screens just because each one is for printing with a different color ink, but I just want be on the same side and make sure..

I cleaned the black ink off of the screen as best as I could after I was finished printing my design with the black ink. There's a very slight haze on the mesh where the image is, but from what Ive read, thats fairly normal as long as theres no blockage.

Thanks in advance for the input.

·
Registered
176 Posts
We do it all the time.I would do a test print on a pellon or old shirt first. sometimes the screen might get clogged and it'll take a few passes with the squeege to open the screen up. Try some color blends (2 or 3 colors pulled up and down or side to side) for a different look with a 1 color screen.

·
Registered
2,504 Posts
I also do it all the time. I get orders that are one design that needs to be printed on 4 different color shirts. After I finish one color shirt, I wipe the screen down making sure to get all of the ink off, then load the next color and on and on and on. No worries.

·
Registered
752 Posts
Just recognize the issue that arises if you are printing light shirts with dark ink and then dark shirts with light ink. Depending on the design you are printing, you may need to have different artwork for each. You get into the positive/negative image issue when you do this.

·
Registered
2,919 Posts
Light ink first, then darker. Best results come with cleaning the screen immediately after finishing a color. If you want to hold the screen out for printing at a later date, and your emulsion will stand it, after an on-press cleaning, strip off your tape, take it to the washout sink, spritz it with some ink degradent and a light scrubbing, then blot and let dry.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts