T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I made it a habit of using the dehazer when cleaning my screens after reclaiming them (spray water, spray dehazer, brush screen, rinse). Is this overkill? Some screens show ghosting and the dehazer helps, but for those that only show very faint ghosting, should I just use a degreaser like Simple Green? The dehazer is more expensive and seems more aggressive, chemically.

· Registered
10 Posts
Dehazer has a degreaser in it. I rarely dehaze my screens, only when they get fairly bad. I have rarely seen that it makes any difference. On very small dot patterns it can effect the amount of light exposing your emulsion. If you clean your screens soon after you use them and clean them well, they show very little haze. I have the most problems if I leave them set for weeks after use. I spend a little extra time and chemicals to get all the ink out of the image when I clean them.

· Registered
8,374 Posts
Only dehaze if the image has any color to it. If it just a clear image its the dye slightly bleached and all the dehazing will not remove it. I degrease everytime even though the emulsion remover I use claims to have degreaser built in but only dehaze as needed.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.