T-Shirt Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
321 - 340 of 340 Posts

· Registered
112 Posts
re: US Screen (USSPI) has Closed

I just received an online notice of auction/liquidation from US Screen Technology. From what I read, you have to be present in South Carolina! Did anyone else get this same thought? It did not go into any depth.

· Registered
26 Posts

got a note from lowery machine advertising a us screen print liquidation sale. Guess that means they are gone. Too bad, but I've repaired my t-jet so many times, I think I might qualify as a service tech.

· Registered
1 Posts

We were brief owners of a TJet 3 back in summer of 2007. Same story: machine failed, sent another that one failed, got a third, that one failed also; finally demanded our money back, waited 90 days, finally got a refund. I consider myself very lucky to have gotten out, and I really do feel sorry for all the customers out there that have been left "hanging", and the dealers that invested their money to be associated with this company, and the employees of US Screen who were on the "ship" went it went down.
I had a t-jet two for a little while, with pretty close to the same story. I couldn't get it to print two shirts correctly in a row. It would break, clog, etc., and then I'd spend 30 minutes (or days waiting for parts) fixing the thing. I was outright refused a refund for quite a while, and then eventually I offered to cut my losses and take a $12k refund on the $15k machine. I felt incredibly lucky to get that at the time as I didn't think I'd get that much if I could even sell it used. It pretty much jaded me to the point that I didn't want to be in the business anymore. Within a year I had sold all my printing equipment and was out of the business.

They probably sold my used and broken machine as 'new' to someone else.

· Registered
711 Posts

I feel the big reason we got our money back was because we purchased thru one of their dealers....when we started putting "pressure" on the dealer, then things began to move, but the dealer had to wait 30 days to get the cash from US Screen before he refunded our funds back to us.

· Registered
1,717 Posts

US Screen is no more! If it makes you feel better to vent it then go ahead but your talking about the past and that can't be changed only the future. I'm sorry for your losses but a time come that we need to move on, I don't believe that Scott and Pat wanted to go bankrupt but it happens. My opinion, John

· Registered
323 Posts

I received an email from lowery machine listing a lot of screen printing equipment going up for auction on June 22. I do not know if this has anything to do with this particular closing or not.

Sandra

· Registered
711 Posts

Yes it does. Lowery is the liquidator for all of US Screen's remaining assets; i. e. machines, office equipment, etc. Remember that on these types of auctions, you are purchasing AS IS, with NO warranties. There are NO guarantees that the equipment and/or parts you purchase will be in any working condition, so that's why they have a pre-auction inspection of the equipment.

· Registered
58 Posts

I can't wait to buy one of those machines that was stacked on top of each other out in the weather. Don't forget those pics from the US Screen Closing thread. I'd want to see a machine print at this stage in the game unless they're going for a few hundred dollars.

· Premium Member
8,928 Posts

I also got the email from them, and it states that it is the inventory from US screen stating that they have tjets and pretreatment machines. So it looks like they are liquidating all of us screen inventory.

· Registered
112 Posts

I received another online flyer from Lowery machinery, who is conducting the auction. I'm assuming, because the flyer does not give a whole lot of details, this will be an "ebay" like auction. You have to register to get a look at what is up for liquidation, and it will be "as is." I don't think you can actually go to South Carolina to get an up close look.
I thought US screen would revamp and make a come back but I guess this auction means it's final.
I am somewhat disappointed with my dealer for not even acknowledging there was a problem. I know Equipment Zone has stepped up to the plate and helped me, so they are probably overrun now with calls for technical support. Thanks E.Z.

· Registered
57 Posts

I received another online flyer from Lowery machinery, who is conducting the auction. I'm assuming, because the flyer does not give a whole lot of details, this will be an "ebay" like auction. You have to register to get a look at what is up for liquidation, and it will be "as is." I don't think you can actually go to South Carolina to get an up close look.
I thought US screen would revamp and make a come back but I guess this auction means it's final.
I am somewhat disappointed with my dealer for not even acknowledging there was a problem. I know Equipment Zone has stepped up to the plate and helped me, so they are probably overrun now with calls for technical support. Thanks E.Z.
Problems at USScreen were well known for a decade before they went down. Everyone in the trade knew about it.

· Registered
58 Posts

Equipment Zone is in a much better position than US Screen. The Tjet is like a delinquent kid that US Screen had to constantly apologize for and pay for his damages. EZ is simply a counselor that can offer their services for a fee to help you to get the little bastard to act the way he should. :)

They got my little bastard acting right but he'll probably blow another fuse soon and ruin some more shirts and another couple weeks of my life.

· Registered
351 Posts

I saw on a video on the Lowery Machine website Home - Lowery Machine & Supply , that US Screen will be liquidating all of its assets including "intellectual property assets". Those that means that the designs for the T-jet would be available for sell? I'm just wondering if someone will continue to use the designs for the T-jet in other machines in the future.

· Registered
57 Posts

I would say there would be a number of former employees of USScreen that would support Fast Films.
As any Fast Films users knows - you need a great deal of support using this program - unlike the other software available.

· Premium Member
56,238 Posts

Closing out this thread.

When this thread first started 2 months ago, it helped to gather information about a "rumor" that turned out to be industry news.

As information filtered in, members were able to piece together the facts and see that US Screen was in fact closing.

As the discussion continued, it also helped to inform those people who had recently ordered from US Screen that the business had closed.

Now that the main screenprinters.net (articles, news, myt-jet.com) website has closed down and is now forwarding to the forums now operated by Lowery and Hirsch, it's pretty clear that the US Screen business as most knew it is no more.

I'm posting this information so that people who still have TJet machines or products from US Screen can still get help for their products.

There are several companies that can still service the T-Jet machines.

I'll try to list them here for easy reference to those that are looking for service. Feel free to PM me if I've left any out:

American Screen - Phoenix, AZ
Atlas Screen Print Supply - Schiller Park, IL
Belquette - St Petersburg, Florida
Equipment Zone - Fair Lawn, NJ
Lawson - Saint Louis, MO
Lazo Graphics - Las Vegas, NV

Canada

CMB Services

FastFilms Help

Garment Decorating Supply - Gilbert, AZ
Read this discussion for info about how Aaron can help with RIP and FastFilm issues: http://www.t-shirtforums.com/screen-printing/t86935.html

Hope this helps. If there is more helpful information/resources that could be added to this last post , please contact me directly to let me know.

Also keep in mind that we have many TJet owner and members who are knowledgeable about the machines right here in our forums.

You are always welcome to post your tjet related questions right here at T-ShirtForums.com

321 - 340 of 340 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.