T-Shirt Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 340 Posts

· Banned
2 Posts
Has anyone heard a rumor about US Screen Print closing its doors. I find this hard to believe but I have heard it from a number of industry people. Any information would be appreciated.
Added by Rodney (June 6, 2009):

Now that the main screenprinters.net (articles, news, myt-jet.com) website has closed down and is now forwarding to the forums now operated by Lowery and Hirsch, it's pretty clear that US Screen has closed.

I'm posting this information so that people who still have TJet machines or products from US Screen can still get help for their products.

There are several companies that can still service the T-Jet machines.

I'll try to list them here for easy reference to those that are looking for service. Feel free to PM me if I've left any out:

American Screen - Phoenix, AZ
Atlas Screen Print Supply - Schiller Park, IL
Belquette - St Petersburg, Florida
Equipment Zone - Fair Lawn, NJ
Lawson - Saint Louis, MO
Lazo Graphics - Las Vegas, NV

Canada

CMB Services

FastFilms Help

Garment Decorating Supply - Gilbert, AZ
Read this discussion for info about how Aaron can help with RIP and FastFilm issues: FastFilms Owner, have re-install challenge-What Now?

· Banned
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
re: US Screen (USSPI) has Closed

Jim,
I don't know what you heard but i know if you call the support department right now they are according to the message, re-vamping their support department and you can not speak to a technician you can leave a voicemail or e-mail and they will supposedly get back to you. I've read some threads where customers aren't getting the call or e-mail back. I know he just did some kind of deal with Hirsch but they don't show anything on their website about US Screen except to say there was some kind of deal done. I have heard with all of the lawsuits he has going he is getting out of the business. What have you heard.

· Registered
65 Posts

This is the t-jet people right?

If so, I have been researching the T-Jet and I have left messages for their sales department. So far (two days) and I haven't gotten any replies. I didn't think much of it until now. I ended up requesting samples off their website. I received an automated email saying my sample would be sent to me in a week. Guess I'll wait and see.

· Registered
349 Posts

I frequent the boards over there and they're speculating that they're closed. Some people are getting confirmations from the people they lease through. Others have heard from other people.

That board over there is pretty popular, so they're trying to decide where to go.

· Registered
2,736 Posts

One of the posts on the screenprinters.net forums is from the CEO of M & R, Rich Hoffman, and it confirms that they have closed. I would think that he is a pretty reliable source. The post is below:

Posted on 4/6/09 at 07:46 PM

Rich Hoffman
CEO
The M&R Companies

No they are not open. Sorry.

The M&R Companies
1N372 Main St.
Glen Ellyn, Illinois USA 60137
800-736-6431
+1-630-858-6101
[email protected]
mrprint.com

Harry is close with them, perhaps he can chime in here with some enlightenment. Harry???

· Registered
1,309 Posts

Not good news for T-Jet users I suppose...

I wonder what impact did the T-jet3 fiasco had on them shutting down.

is DTG Digital the new leader in DTG printers?

· Registered
10 Posts

That's what happens to people and companies that deceive the public.
I put this company along with it's CEO on the same platform as Bear Stearns, Enron, Bernie Madoff, Blagojevich etc.

Couldn't happen to a "nicer" person.
Good Riddance!

· Premium Member
7,117 Posts

I also spent some time last night trying to confirm this, and all I was able to find was just talk so far. No one has confirmed it one way or the other, as far as any statement from them.

· Registered
94 Posts

Who cares even if they did?? Their are so many suppliers out in the market today I wouldn't have even batted an eye if they did/have.

After purchasing the T3 I think I ordered off them maybe twice and called them once over a 2 year period.

So many quality vendors out there I dont think US Screen closing is that big a deal.

The location (AZ) never really helped anyone east of the mighty miss. anywho, 4-5 day ground is just too long......
:D

· Registered
51 Posts

My rep said they had someone go out to AZ and there was no one at their huge facility but Scott. Said it was like a ghostown. Makes me very happy to have purchased a T-Jet3. It's great having a warranty that you can't use.

· Registered
414 Posts

i am pretty sure there is a large group of other companies supporting the tjets outside of usscree. especially the guys that bought machines from other people or refurbs. One thing i did see was that they were on of the few that had other support mech besides the original builder so i dont think the owners will be screwed.

My rep said they had someone go out to AZ and there was no one at their huge facility but Scott. Said it was like a ghostown. Makes me very happy to have purchased a T-Jet3. It's great having a warranty that you can't use.

1 - 20 of 340 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.