T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a US cutter MH-871 viyl cutter from a local guy here in town. I have been wanting a cutter for many years now. It was like new and was suppose to work great. I only gave $150.00 for it....but I thin i may have waisted that money. Apparently after hours of research and trouble shooting ...the Z chip was bad. $40 later its in the mail.

Is this cutter Junk? I plan on making grahix as a hobby at 1st and who knows.....i have AI and Corel but the Sign blazer software seems really cheezy!

What have I done?

Thanks

John

·
Registered
583 Posts
I bought a US cutter MH-871 viyl cutter from a local guy here in town. I have been wanting a cutter for many years now. It was like new and was suppose to work great. I only gave $150.00 for it....but I thin i may have waisted that money. Apparently after hours of research and trouble shooting ...the Z chip was bad. $40 later its in the mail.

Is this cutter Junk? I plan on making grahix as a hobby at 1st and who knows.....i have AI and Corel but the Sign blazer software seems really cheezy!

What have I done?

Thanks

John
Did you buy from an individual or store? With these types of equipment, it's always good to buy from a dealer so you can get a warranty and support. Especially if you are new to the equipment.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i bought from an individual. He knew that the cutter arm wasn't dropping...and didn't tell me. I knew there was chance that this could happen. but I took a chance....

I'm trying that Green star vinyl at first...Anyone have experience with this vinyl? Any tips on a cutting surface. Dont want to spend $ 200 on a cutting board....

Thanks for the replies !

John

1 - 4 of 4 Posts