T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guiys, I have some problem with the transfer paper. I emailed Cindy at the TLM house 5 minutes ago but I am trying to get an answer ASAP as I have quite a few orders that I need to do.

Thanks.
Well here is the problem.....

I bought about 100 sheets of TransjetII paper about a week ago. So yesterday, I decided to do some experimenting since I never had any previous experience in heat pressing before.

I printed the design according the instructions on paper and adjust the pressure and the temp at the right amount. However, when I pressed the design on there. The paper didnt seem to completely "infuse" with the shirt. I mean, when you look at the shirts head on, you can immediately tell that there is a paper layered on there. And the sides around the design have a crystal like texture, its slightly rough.

So the design just dont look "professional" at all. It look as if I took the design and glued it on there. The paper seems like to be on top of the shirt.I tried to adjust the different pressure setting and temp, but all with no effect.

So do I need to trim the design more or wait for the Epson printer and the MagicMIX to come in the mail and redo the design then?

The shirt is FadedGlory 100% cotton.

Thank you so much for the help.

Ben.

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
A border should barely even be noticeable (even before the wash) on a white t-shirt as long as you trimmed close to the design (about 1/8 of an inch off or so). It sounds like there wasn't enough (or there was far too much) pressure, but you said you already tried adjusting it... hmm...

What color was the t-shirt? If it wasn't white or light ash then the border will be much more visable (and thus the shirt will look rather unprofessional).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts