T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

recently brought DTG Kiosk. New to printing. For some reason everytime i print onto black t-shirts, the black part of the image still gets printed onto the shirt, so for instance i get this black square around my image.

No idea why its doing this. All my images are CYMK designed on photoshop with 100% black.

Any help would be awesome!

·
Registered
6 Posts
You need to make a transparent background.
You need to save your Image as a psd file. then delete the black background and wil show like a white/grey checkered background this means it is transparent. hope it helps

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
that doesn;t make sense really. When i was at the DTG place doing my training, one of the reasons why i brought this machine was the fact that instead of the printer printing black it uses the black of the t-shirt.

·
Premium Member
5,953 Posts
Are you choosing the black garment in your advanced print options? Usually as long as you have your substrate selected as black garment, it will not print the black part of the design.

·
Premium Member
5,953 Posts
The substrate is what you are printing on ei. black cotton shirt. When you hit the print command in your printer, there are the advanced print options. In there you should have it set to black cotton, so the printer knows not to print the black ink because you are printing onto black. You also need to make sure on the layer type in there that it is not set to print underbase and black. Are you setting your advanced settings when printing?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i'm printing on the printpro software. is that what your talking about. sorry about the noob questions

·
Premium Member
5,953 Posts
Ok this is the problem haha :) I am using a different rip software then you. I am in the US and we have rip pro here. I am not sure, maybe someone from the uk or europe will answer. Sorry I cant help more.

·
Premium Member
5,953 Posts
I would contact SWF or Mesa and see if it is available for sale. Maybe you can get it I dont know, you might be able to since you do own a kiosk. I know that the rip pro is not sold seperate, but since you do have a dtg machine they may sell it to you. I do know that there are a few who have used printpro here in the states, and say the rip pro is much better. I have never used the print pro myself. Hopefully someone will come and help you that has it :)

·
Registered
4,664 Posts
There is a probably a way you can use your current software, but you need to have the correct settings.
If you can't figure it out, here is a video showing the processes that you can do for printing a graphic with a black background using same basic software code as RIP Pro as previously discussed above:

This is the Print To method (directly from the graphic software program - Photoshop, Corel,...)

Part I

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mVqn0eFP8t0[/media]

Part II

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y1W8WeiQNjw[/media]

This is the process for the Print From method (using the new RIP application

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MQQPP90T6kk[/media]

This will let you know what the steps are for printing a graphic this way. MultiRIP GP does run the Epson 2200 based printers which is what the Kiosk is made from. The HM1 is a 2400 printer which MultiRIP GP does not currently support.

Best wishes with your printer,

Mark

1 - 12 of 12 Posts