T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just been asked by a friend who usually does vinyl printing on tees to see if I can design a school/college leavers design for tee shirts which he needs for tomorrow to send to a screen printer who is too busy to do it themselves.

He knows I have PhotoShop but no training and just trying to help him out in an emergency as he needs it for tomorrow UK (time).

He has given me a list of names and wants them to fit inside the number 14 which has a an outline and saved as a large PDF.
Similar to this http://spc-yearbooks.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/maroon-hoodie-reverse-2014.png

No idea how to do it or what canvas/text/font size I should be looking to use. As you can see I am out my depth here.
Any idiot guides I can follow? I am desperate.:confused:

· Registered
825 Posts
Just been asked by a friend who usually does vinyl printing on tees to see if I can design a school/college leavers design for tee shirts which he needs for tomorrow to send to a screen printer who is too busy to do it themselves.

He knows I have PhotoShop but no training and just trying to help him out in an emergency as he needs it for tomorrow UK (time).

He has given me a list of names and wants them to fit inside the number 14 which has a an outline and saved as a large PDF.
Similar to this [media]http://spc-yearbooks.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/maroon-hoodie-reverse-2014.png[/media]

No idea how to do it or what canvas/text/font size I should be looking to use. As you can see I am out my depth here.
I did this in Corel Draw in about 10 minutes. I found a random name generator on the internet and copy and pasted the names into the number 14 after I converted it to an object. It's not perfect, but I am sure something like this can be done in PS easily.
Good luck

CalhTech>

Attachments

· Registered
5 Posts
You can also try converting the " 14 " into a work path and then typing inside the path. It shouldnt take too long. Following are the steps,

Open your image in phostoshop
Select magic wand and click on the image
Once the digits are selected, right click on the selected area and select make work path
Once your path is made, select the text tool and move your mouse inside the area inside "14" and click there and start typing.

Hope this helps.

· Registered
239 Posts
This might be easier to accomplish in Illustrator as opposed to Photoshop. If you outline the 14, then bring in the text you can use the clipping path command to put the names into the text, although you will lose some of the text.

You should also be able to use one of the varities of pasting inside a path commands. To do it.

Dan Vado

Similar to this [media]http://spc-yearbooks.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/maroon-hoodie-reverse-2014.png[/media]

· Registered
19 Posts
In illustrator you'll want to create the numbers. Then go to Type-> Creat outlines or Object->Expand->expand appearance.

Then you can select each of the numbers and use the area type tool (get to this by clicking and holding on the T on your tool bar...click inside of each number and you can type inside of the confines of the shape of the object.

PHOTOSHOP:

Create a path using the pen tool, shape tools, etc.

Then select your T type tool. Type inside of the shape.

Open the type pallette and under the paragraph tab, select the Justify All alignment tool.

Dunzo!

· Registered
825 Posts
In illustrator you'll want to create the numbers. Then go to Type-> Creat outlines or Object->Expand->expand appearance.

Then you can select each of the numbers and use the area type tool (get to this by clicking and holding on the T on your tool bar...click inside of each number and you can type inside of the confines of the shape of the object.

PHOTOSHOP:

Create a path using the pen tool, shape tools, etc.

Then select your T type tool. Type inside of the shape.

Open the type pallette and under the paragraph tab, select the Justify All alignment tool.

Dunzo!

Apparently AlexKane fixed his problem, cause 4 or 5 people have posted solutions, but he has not responded since his original EMERGENCY POST!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.