T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings fellow forum members...long time reader, first time poster. This forum is priceless. Great info and advice from everybody. My partners and I are starting up an urban line of tees, hats, and posters. We done a lot of work, but still a lot to do. I have some questions about heat transfers that I'll save for another thread...just wanted to say whatsup to the forum!!

·
Registered
303 Posts
Hey Scott, urban stuff does seem pretty cool now. But there's still a lot of competition from people like Akademiks and bigger companies that can afford massive advertising. But I still think that there's plenty of room for small start-up brands. what kind of style/designs are you looking at? I'm also looking at urban/streetwear stuff and got a few designs so far.

Nick

HongKongDMZ

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nick we realize that we're not going to compete with the Akademiks, Ecko, Phat Farm, Sean Johns of the world anytime soon. We're starting off with tees, hats, and posters, and plan to expand later on down the line. My partners and I have extensive experience/contacts within the music/entertainment industry, so we have a solid base to begin with. We have a number of different designs, our site will be live with the next 1-2 months so you'll be able to see what we're working with then. How bout you, started selling your urban designs yet or just toying with it right now?

·
Registered
303 Posts
I wasnt talking about competing with the big names, it's better to have something that you can build up. I've got someone working on my designs and got a supplier made as well, not quite aiming for a hip-hop style though. Just been doing all my research and getting some work off people and aiming to start the site and selling in a few months. I like the idea of posters though, its good to branch out in terms of products. I got dogtags myself with my brand on them. Good luck with the venture,

Nick.

·
Premium Member
27,700 Posts
Have your own brand and work on that rather then considering you can only sell big name branded products such as Akademiks through a site.
OK, I got confused there because selling big name branded products (like Akademiks) through a site was never brought up :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts