T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have spent hours online looking for t-shirt wholesalers. I know of American Apparel, Alternanative Apparel, Royal Apparel, et al and none of them have what I'm looking for. My question is: where do the Diesels, and Urban Outfitters of the world find there ultra high-end, super-soft, exotic-blend t-shirts? Asia? Why have they been impossible for me to find? Anyone have any leads? Thanks.

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
There's one brand people recommend which I can't quite remember right now, but I'm sure someone will be here to mention it in a moment.

There's a good chance that the specific base shirts used by UO are proprietary made, so not avaliable.

Also look for phrases such as "pebble treated" "pebble washed" and sometimes "stone washed" (but not quite in the jeans sense).

The main ways uber soft shirts are made are throught either using fine brushed cotton to make the shirts in the first place, smacking them around in a pebble drum post manufacture to break threads, or chemically treated to degrade the cotton. The end result of all of them is pretty much the same.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Most large companies like Urban, Gap, etc. manufacture their own t-shirts and apparel overseas. They don't buy from American Apparel or any T-shirt distributor because it would be too expensive! You can source foreign products on www.alibaba.com and also get leads to contract garment manufacturers.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I figured that was the case, Skibum. I just hoped I was wrong. It's just surprising that they are not available here at all, even for a premium. I'm far from being able to either import large shipments of shirts from Asia or to have my stuff produced overseas. Maybe someday. :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts