T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been using Corel 7 for years. Want to uprade cheaply (yeah right) but deciding on which version. I have a lame laptop and don't know if it will handle X3 and I don't want to update laptop yet. I have heard good and bad about 12 and X3 crashing. What about 11 being stable and it is cheap enough on ebay? Thanks.

·
Registered
8 Posts
if your laptop is that old it probably does not have a lot of memory. If you are working on high end graphics you may need to consider getting that upgrade sooner. I still think you will like X3.

I love Corel, been using them for a long time and love X3, but the new version does have a small problem with large files. It does not seem to be releasing memory properly - or maybe it is just that I am using some really LARGE files.

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
If Powertrace is up to snuff, it seems like a nobrainer to upgrade to x3 (just like the livetrace in the latest Illustrator is reason enough to upgrade)

·
Registered
5,478 Posts
Go buy some freakin ram for your laptop and do what you are comfortable with. People...you cant tell these folks to learn a new system on the fly when all they need to solve thier problem is a bit more space>

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
MotoskinGraphix said:
Go buy some freakin ram for your laptop and do what you are comfortable with. People...you cant tell these folks to learn a new system on the fly when all they need to solve thier problem is a bit more space>
It isn't a new system...it's a software upgrade. And within X3 there are new functions which directly impact our business (such as bitmap to vector conversion) which make the upgrade a choice hard to resist.

·
Registered
21 Posts
monkeylantern said:
If Powertrace is up to snuff, it seems like a nobrainer to upgrade to x3 (just like the livetrace in the latest Illustrator is reason enough to upgrade)
I've only used the Line Art setting in the Power Trace feature so far on some fairly complicated line art jpgs I need to re-arrange or delete & replace but it has come out really great really quickly!

Quick Trace works well & quickly but it didn't give me exact detail which I needed - I didn't play with the settings to see if I could reset quick trace :) ... I needed Trace it all & Go which the Line Art feature did for me.

I haven't enjoyed tracing ever before & now I am!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts