T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's a shout-out to Hooptech... I upgraded from my old round medieval torture device to a Hooptech cap clamp... oh man am I happy!

Did a couple of pesky specimens right off the bat... no problems. Now I think I will look forward to hat orders instead of with fear.

Great product.

· Registered
193 Posts
Yes, the cap frame and framing gauge is all that's needed. The frame just snaps onto the machine's regular cap driver as usual. The framing guage "holds" the frame. The hinged P-shaped bar on the bottom -- actually, just the little piece on the top; the rest is simply a handle -- is supposed to go inside the hat (on the bottom if you're emb. the front), and you push down on it to stretch/pull the hat's front down. Honestly I don't use it -- for as much as it stretches the cap it doesn't seem to help that much. But that's just probably me. :)

· Registered
1,301 Posts
How funny these look just like the original conventional hat frames that I started with years ago on my first commercial machine. I still have a couple of them and then I have 4 of the extension frames and 4 of the new extension frames. The extension frames like Frank posted that he currently used were made so that you could sew almost all the way around the hat. Funny how most people are going back to the original conventional frames for the ease of hooping. The extension frames are harder to hoop, but if you do it correctly you get more area to sew on the hats.

· Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
How funny these look just like the original conventional hat frames that I started with years ago on my first commercial machine. I still have a couple of them and then I have 4 of the extension frames and 4 of the new extension frames. The extension frames like Frank posted that he currently used were made so that you could sew almost all the way around the hat. Funny how most people are going back to the original conventional frames for the ease of hooping. The extension frames are harder to hoop, but if you do it correctly you get more area to sew on the hats.
That's a great point, and I will not throw away the old hoop because I have used it for other items, and for that very reason... but they really do not do standard billed caps well.

I'm glad I tried the new (old?) Hooptec variety.

· Registered
1,301 Posts
That's a great point, and I will not throw away the old hoop because I have used it for other items, and for that very reason... but they really do not do standard billed caps well.

I'm glad I tried the new (old?) Hooptec variety.
I have to admit. That was always my favorite hat hoop. It is the easiest to hoop with. The only drawback to it was the size limitations to the designs. But truthfully most of the designs I do on hats will fit in this hoop which makes it the most used hoop. This is where it is best to hang onto all your hoops. You just never know when you may need one you haven't used in a while.

I'm glad you like it and I'm glad they brought it back to the newer users out there. I think it will be beneficial to a lot of users!!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.