T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. Long time lurker here. My windows 7 pc is finally giving up the ghost (crashing 2 times a day while digitizing), so i need to get a new one. On the current PC, we have Wilcom Embroidery Studio e2, and I am pretty comfortable using it. I hear that Hatch is like a striped down version of e4, but how does it compare to e2? would it be a worthwhile investment? e4 is out of the question, what with the economy and whatnot.

so... yeah. is Hatch a Sidegrade, Downgrade, or Upgrade from e2, and it it worth it to transfer e2 to the new pc or just start fresh with hatch?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I use e2 all day at work and am looking to get a personal use digitizing software so I’m in the market myself. I’m messing around with the trial of hatch and I’m sure some of it is just learning curve but I think of hatch as a downgrade. I could see it being plenty enough for simpler jobs/shops that don’t do too much digitizing. I work a decent volume of orders for a big company so fast work flow is important to me and that’s where I’m feeling the biggest disparity between the two. It feels much clunkier to move and fine tune nodes on wilcom I’m able to move between tools much quicker. My home pc with hatch trial is much much better than my work computer which has wilcom e2 and wilcom still moves more fluid.

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
h
I use e2 all day at work and am looking to get a personal use digitizing software so I’m in the market myself. I’m messing around with the trial of hatch and I’m sure some of it is just learning curve but I think of hatch as a downgrade. I could see it being plenty enough for simpler jobs/shops that don’t do too much digitizing. I work a decent volume of orders for a big company so fast work flow is important to me and that’s where I’m feeling the biggest disparity between the two. It feels much clunkier to move and fine tune nodes on wilcom I’m able to move between tools much quicker. My home pc with hatch trial is much much better than my work computer which has wilcom e2 and wilcom still moves more fluid.
how come your company wont upgrade to wilcom e4.5. are they running pirated version cause e2 is way outdated.

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
Hello. Long time lurker here. My windows 7 pc is finally giving up the ghost (crashing 2 times a day while digitizing), so i need to get a new one. On the current PC, we have Wilcom Embroidery Studio e2, and I am pretty comfortable using it. I hear that Hatch is like a striped down version of e4, but how does it compare to e2? would it be a worthwhile investment? e4 is out of the question, what with the economy and whatnot.

so... yeah. is Hatch a Sidegrade, Downgrade, or Upgrade from e2, and it it worth it to transfer e2 to the new pc or just start fresh with hatch?
why not upgrade thru wilcom and get 4.5. hatch dont come close.I have both

·
Registered
56 Posts
DJQ What does that upgrade cost? Maybe 6 or 7 grand? How could any increase in productivity ever
make up for that amount of work? I have a small shop and have not charged this much for digitizing after 20 years.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts