T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
690 Posts
I like the overall design, very straight forward and easy to use (at least to me). Great job! I wish you have more products though, and maybe an "enlarge" feature to see the designs up close.

·
Registered
3,187 Posts
Hi Brad,

I took a look at your site and it is off to a good start. There are a few things I would like to point out.

You have a "products" link in the red bar, which takes me to a page with a link to your other product catagories which are ALSO listed on the red bar. Either get rid of the "products" link, or get rid of the "inspirational, creative, fun" links. It is redundant and confusing.

Each separate t-shirt design should have its own page with product info, pictures and description. For example, in your "Inspirational" section is set up like a product page. How are you planning to link to your cart this way? Will you have a huge drop-down list with the names of all the designs followed by the sizes for each of the 3 designs? Very, very confusing.

Instead, make the "Inspiration" page a catagory with pictures only, and link each picture to a new page just for that design. THEN put in your sizing info and price, along with your "Add to Cart" button, on those individual pages. Do this for all your designs.

I hope you are planning on taking more pictures of your products. Right now you have the same picture of a guy in a black shirt, with the different designs pasted on top. It is easy for customers to see that these are not pictures of the actual product, and even though that might be exactly how the shirts will look, it is still better if you have pictures of real people wearing real shirts.

As James also mentioned, you need to have enlarged pictures for your customers to see as well. This is extremely important.

Your "About Us" doesn't say much about you at all. The name of the "award-winning" design studio is not even listed. If you are going to use that as a reference, list the name and a link to the studio's website.

You should have a FAQ page with info about shipping and returns, a sizing chart, what kinds of payment you accept, and anything else you can think of. Look at other successful t-shirt sites for examples of good FAQ pages.

That's all I can think of for now. Please keep us updated as to your progress. :)

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you very much for the valuable feedback.
It is awesome. Even though it is a work in progress I wll
be adding all the info you both have given me.
Thanks a ton. We are waiting for the shirts to come in
to do real photography of them too.

Have a great day.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Brad -
Overall, I dig your site and designs a lot. It seems very unique, and sort of "feel good"...if that makes any sense.

Positives
- simplicity in links, colors, and designs
- I personally believe this to be very important
- concept
- as I said, it seems very unique and uplifting

Negatives
- Jasonda seemed to make some very good points
- in addition, some of the graphics seem fuzzy/pixely
- the "b-apparel logo/header is an example

I think that the overall design is VERY good, though. Make some adjustments and it will be VERY, VERY good.

Tucker

·
Registered
1,906 Posts
The site loads pretty slow because your images are quite large. I noticed it slow here at my work computer (on a low-speed DSL)... for dial-up users, your homepage would take a full minute and a half to load (or longer). Optimize your images a bit and reduce the quality for smaller filesizes.

Jasonda is absolutely right in that you'll want to ditch the 'products' link. Confusing and unecessary.

You don't have titles on your 'creative', 'about us', or 'contact us' pages. This is important for search engines, and quite useful for users as well (what they see on the taskbar and in bookmarks). You should also vary the title text to fit each page specifically.

As for this, though:

Jasonda said:
Each separate t-shirt design should have its own page with product info, pictures and description. For example, in your "Inspirational" section is set up like a product page. How are you planning to link to your cart this way? Will you have a huge drop-down list with the names of all the designs followed by the sizes for each of the 3 designs? Very, very confusing.

Instead, make the "Inspiration" page a catagory with pictures only, and link each picture to a new page just for that design. THEN put in your sizing info and price, along with your "Add to Cart" button, on those individual pages. Do this for all your designs.
You don't absolutely have to have a seperate product page for each design. However, if you do not, it will be more cluttered and more confusing - which will not be good for many markets. For people who are used to using cmputers and are online a lot, I've seen it work well (and reduce clicks-to-checkout), but for the type of people that would buy your shirts I imagine it would not.

...So yeah, you'll probably still want a seperate page for each product ;)

I'm guessing you already realize your 'fun' page is down entirely?

Other than those points (and other things people commented on already), the general layout is good. Your site will fit on 800x600, which is good. Needs some work, but not too far off.

By the way, in case you are using straight html files - I would highly suggest using something like SSI (or php, etc. - but SSI is the easiest for someone that just knowns HTML) to make it a lot easier to edit and change things on the site.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts