T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i´m new to this... got my online shop ready, but i havent started it yet because my transfers aren´t perfect.

the main problem i have now are white, uneven lines around my design (opaque paper) after pressing it.

i´m using an epson stylus cx4800 printer with durabright inks, hix ht400D press, alpha supplies alpha gold for darks paper, 100% cotton pre-shrunk t-shirts (190gr/m2). 15s at 360ºF - i already tried different pressure settings and cutting the paper with a cutter, scissors and exacto knife.

btw: i´m cutting the image with both layers still together (transfer and backing paper) - should i separete them before?

you can see an example at: http://www.dominiogeek.com/images/border.jpg
it´s most noticeable on a black background design on a black shirt

·
Registered
4,766 Posts
It simply looks like your not cutting close enough to the design and leaving the opaque paper which is white showing. You need to cut closer. I use opaque all the time and I have to cut a lot of designs I just use a sharp pair of scissors.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
badalou said:
It simply looks like your not cutting close enough to the design and leaving the opaque paper which is white showing. You need to cut closer. I use opaque all the time and I have to cut a lot of designs I just use a sharp pair of scissors.

hi badalou,

i'm actualy cutting even through the design. to test different times and pressures, y just printed a black rectangle and cut it into a few pieces... all came out the same.

the provider told me to use less pressure to not squeeze the white transfer paper like chewing gum - but even with the lightest pressure possible, the design actualy not sticking strong enough to the t-shirt, it was to much for the paper.

might it be a bad quality paper? it's alpha gold for darks, from alphasupplies.com

anyone else used this paper?

·
Registered
4,202 Posts
It's possibly even the angle of cut. If you are right handed, keep your paper level and angle your hand to the right a little. This will give you a more beveled edge. Don't do it a lot, just a slight angle. I'm not sure if that will help, but give it a try and see what happens.

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
When creating your design, create a bleed of the outer most color in your design or of the shirt color. This bleed should be about a 1/8" offset. Now when trimming, cut directly over the bleed that you've created. This might help.

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
I just looked at your link and had another thought...If adhesive is squeezing out from the paper, try doing a second application for about 10 seconds or so with a thin, dish towel as your cover sheet. This will reactivate the "oozing" adhesive, and the towel should clean it up a bit. We use this process, when applying our Spectra heat transfer vinyl on nylon jackets, so I think I might work for this as well. Let me know.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i'm starting to belive it IS the paper.
i tried all of the above, also temp from 295 - 400. pressure from almost nothing to a lot, time from 5s - 30s. cutting with a cutter (straight line manual cutter), scissors and exacto.

it's almost as thik as the backing paper.
here's the link to where i bought it from:
http://www.sublimationcartridge.com...CTGY&Store_Code=AlphaSupply&Category_Code=agd

any other suggestions? or what paper would be the best to buy?

thanks!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts