T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
newbie still struggling with plastisol gloss. two examples below

ryonet inks, no additives. curing with a flash unit. watching the temp and pulling the shirts at 320 degrees.

hit the photos hard with a flash so that you could see the reflection. rubbery feel and not too pretty

the latter image is printed on poly - basically a champion workout shirt. those seem to make it worse

ideas on what i can try to do differently?

thanks in advance

·
Registered
859 Posts
when I don't need a ton of opacity, I add about 40% softhand base. super soft feel and flat finish.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
helpful all. thank you

in looking at the lion design - what mesh count would you guys typically use for this? i was using 110.

thanks again

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
bapestar said:
helpful all. thank you

in looking at the lion design - what mesh count would you guys typically use for this? i was using 110.

thanks again
Yeah I think 110 is to low for a black on white... I would have used a 156 to 195.

·
Registered
752 Posts
Higher mesh count will do the trick,156-180 on white and gold, 180-230 on black. if you are unhappy with the gloss, try adding about 3%-5% flatting paste.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Yes there is dulling agents out there. I think "suede" additive if used tiny amounts will just dull the ink to eliminate gloss.

Check out this link for International Coatings additives for more information on that and more.

International Coatings -- Specialty Products (Screen Printing Products)

222LF Dulling/Suede Additive
For reducing surface gloss in most plastisol inks or creating a special suede-look ink, this product can be hand-stirred into International Coatings' Multipurpose, 700, 800, 1100, 7000, and 7600 Series inks. To eliminate gloss, simply add 2% additive to ink by weight. To create a suede look, add 10% to 15% additive to ink by weight.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts