T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,

I recently came into possession of a new "Stahls' Hotronix Maxx Digital Clam Heat Transfer Press - 11x15in" and am trying to figure out what type of transfer paper I should be using.

Ideally, I would like to use weedless transfer paper but am not sure exactly which brand to go with or what else I should be considering when buying it. (i.e... Is there better brands for darker transfers or lighter?)

I am also unsure of the type of printer I should look to be getting in accordance with the weedless paper I go with. I have a budget for a printer under about $400 but would still like to know suggestions for higher-end printers.

Any tips or advice is much appreciated and links to where I should buy the paper/printer would be awesome as well!

Thank you!:)

· Registered
154 Posts
Really depends on what you're trying to accomplish! If you're looking for quality prints that will be durable and allow for white print, you're fairly limited to Oki's white printers (though there are some work-around's for other lasers). I know of no <$400 printer that'll allow any of that, though.

If you're just interested in printing on lights for (my term) throw-away shirts for things like fund-raisers, 5K runs, etc., then just about any printer will do with the cheap single print heat-n-peel paper.

First - decide what you want to accomplish.

Second - do some basic research as that what you need to make that happen.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.