T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
would anyone be able to tell me if it is possible to by at wholesale price tshirts that dont have tags or labels???? In other words a tshirt that is completely blank so that you could either attatch your own label like a brand name or print a label on the inside of the shirt. I think it would be great to be able to print shirts that have no other name on them but your own.
Thanks,
-C

·
Registered
27 Posts
I'm pretty sure all shirts come with a tag. Well for one its because its the law to have the shirt info (directions for washing, what type of fabric etc) so that needs to be on the shirt before its sold.

There are however, a few brands that has detachable tags (those easy rip ones) for relabeling.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ok, what about a company that does private labelling??? are there any that have reasonable costs for doing so?
thanks
-C

·
Premium Member
27,690 Posts
Hi Chevez, there are a few companies that will do private labeling, but most times the minimums are around 1000 pieces or so.

Many people just relabel the t-shirts that they buy from the manufacturer they like. For example, if they use American Apparel, Hanes or Alternative Apparel tees, they have their screen printer (or seamstress, or other service) remove the manufacturer brand label and add their own custom label to the neckline in the same place the brand label was.

If you search the forums for labels or private labeling, you'll find some great past topics about this as well.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Would it be possible to do an iron on over top of the hanes tagless shirts??...would this work or would it show through the outside of the shirt even if its of decent weight?
-C

·
Premium Member
27,690 Posts
The Hanes tagless t-shirts have the Hanes brand information screen printed on the inside neck label. So even though there is no "hanging" label, the label is still printed there.

I don't think it would work to print *over* the existing Hanes printing. But I've used Hanes tagless shirts to relabel and put my own custom cloth woven label *over* their screen printed label and it works fine.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
rodney,
where do you get your labels made? and how/where exactly do you put your label over the hanes label so that it doesnt show?
thanks
-C

·
Premium Member
27,690 Posts
I got my last labels from DJsLabels, but many here have used LuckyLablels (don't have the URL handy) to get custom labels printed at a good price.

I have my screen printer sew in the labels for me, so I'm not sure on their exact methods. I'm guessing they just sew them in with a sewing machine into the collar seam.

Looking at one of the shirts now, my label covers the Hanes brand, but you can still see some of the care instructions without lifting my label.

Most brands put 2 labels in the garment: one for their name brand and one for the care instructions and size.

On the garments that have these type labels, my printer just removes the "brand" label and leaves the care instructions/size label which works out well.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I am desperatly trying to find an Australian based t-shirt wholesaler with quility removable tag tees so that my product will look good and have only my own brandname on it.

·
Premium Member
27,690 Posts
Big Plans said:
I am desperatly trying to find an Australian based t-shirt wholesaler with quility removable tag tees so that my product will look good and have only my own brandname on it.
You can remove the tag from just about any brand t-shirt. There's no need to search for one without a tag, really. Just have your screen printer or a local seamstress relabel.

ounce.com.au is in Australia and they sell a lot of t-shirt brands wholesale.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Rodney said:
The Hanes tagless t-shirts have the Hanes brand information screen printed on the inside neck label. So even though there is no "hanging" label, the label is still printed there.

I don't think it would work to print *over* the existing Hanes printing. But I've used Hanes tagless shirts to relabel and put my own custom cloth woven label *over* their screen printed label and it works fine.
Rodney, I'm working with some white Hanes tagless right now and wondered what I could do. I'll experiment with doing my own cloth labels. :) Susan H.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
rodney,
how exactly are you fastening your own cloth label over top of the hanes printed label?
chevez

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
what is the contact information for this place, and/or website...that may be helpful information.
-C

·
Registered
231 Posts
for the aussies out there

T-Shirt Magic

they've supplied and printed shorts for
Heineken
Guiness
KFC
Jim Beam
Hard Rock Cafe