T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
493 Posts
Hello forum, I'm thinking of giving Union Ink a shot. Would love some feedback from anyone who has used it and how its been for them. Thank you in advance
For me it's a love hate relationship.
Some colors for cotton I've had great luck with, other colors and most lo-bleed inks have posed more of a problem.
A few months ago I ordered lo-bleed navy and I had to chip it out of the container, I had the same experience with a lo-bleed red.
In my opinion Union inks are more popular with beginners and smaller shop because: first, they offer all their colors in qt. and they're very affordable and secondly, they make it easy to order the right ink for the purpose.
If your not familiar with a certain brand it can be confusing as to which ink to use for what purpose. For example Wilflex names their ink Epic, Epic Top Score .... Why ink companies don't just name their inks something simple like Wilflex cotton or Wilflex for polyester is beyond me. I'm not just picking on Wilflex, we use One Stroke and they are the same way. Hybrid white, ELT, 222, 357.....
You'll have to experiment for yourself and decide what works.

· Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the information Bob. I'm new to the industry coming from making shirts with a heatpress and vinyl so trying to figure which inks work best is a bit overwhelming. But I guess its all about testing stuff out and seeing what suits my needs.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.