T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am semi-new to undercoating with different colors. I understand how to make a color more bold by flashing it and printing it again, but is there a good way to print white underneath the same colored design without the white coming out in the edges?

Also, I am using Plas inks and really like them, but what is the right White ink to really get a smooth print?

O, one more, is there a way to keep the top color when printing over the ink from "gumming" up in the screen, or am I going to have to keep cleaning the screen with screen opener after every print?

·
Registered
227 Posts
ChinClothing said:
I am semi-new to undercoating with different colors. I understand how to make a color more bold by flashing it and printing it again, but is there a good way to print white underneath the same colored design without the white coming out in the edges?
Its called trapping or capturing the first print is slightly smaller then the top print

chinClothing said:
O, one more, is there a way to keep the top color when printing over the ink from "gumming" up in the screen, or am I going to have to keep cleaning the screen with screen opener after every print?
Sounds like your platen is getting too hot during your flash time and causeing the ink to gel in the screen during the second print

·
Registered
227 Posts
ChinClothing said:
Is there an easy way to do this in Illustrator or do I have to take every image in the design and shrink it individually?
Cant really answer because I dont know what your design is however this may answer it... I just did some tonight that had lettering arcd across the top.... I compressed each letter indiviually...If I had just changed the size of the words they would no longer match up.. spacing everything would have changed.... I shrunk each letter appx 4 pixels then did the same for the three images in the middle of the design...
I haven't used illustrater so can't help you with it but theres plenty on here that can...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts