T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello, i have issue with t-jet blazer pro.
i've been trying to fix it, and i've been getting helps from equipmentzone.
however the problems seems to be not fixed, so if anyone knows how to fix this, please help me.

when i do white underbase to print on a dark garment, white never gets on properly.
it has little holes (missin' spots) here and there. i tried more/heavier pretreatment.
usually i do 330F or about 160~170C to heat press. and after i dry the pretreatment, i press it without paper for few seconds to flatten the shirt.

printer is in a room, and humidity is always higher than 50. (and lower than 80)
room temp is around at 60~80 most of the time.

i tried to print some white letters on a black garment (hanes (100%cotton)),
but it does a poor job. i heard it's supposed to print out very solid, but i've never got that.

i tried to 2 underbase pass, and yet, that still leaves some spots (but it did get done much more solid than 1time pass)

i use fast ink, and same company's pretreatment.

also, when i print color inks on white shirt,
it seems to be very dull, or faded.

when i did nozzle test, everything seemed to be fine.

i head clean my machine when i open the store, and when i close everyday. (mon~fri)

i only print on 100% cotton.
also the machine is brand new.
(i had an older one, but replaced it with new one)

if anyone encoutered this problem,
or if anyone knows why it's not shootin' out
inks right, please let me know.

thank you.

·
Registered
4,202 Posts
Are you diluting your pretreatment or are you using it at 100%? I've tested both and prefer 100%, the results are much better. Also, how are you applying the pretreat?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i've never diluted or mixed my pretreatments/inks. i always use everything as how it comes.
and i use wraglers spray gun (also came along with the machine) to spray on to the garment.
i set up a hanger and a holder and i clip the t-shirt on it.
then from few steps back i would spray.
usually i get them pretty damp, but not socked.
i just make sure no thread hairs stick out once pretreatment is done.
also sometimes i would heat press it before i do the pretreatment, just to flatten the shirt.

·
Registered
110 Posts
I have a TJET2 and I had the same problems...it was the application of the pretreatment. I noticed that the dark pretreatment was globbing up at the bottom of the container and that it needs to be mixed as well as the pretreatment in your sprayer. I couldn't get an even spray with a pressure sprayer so I went to a cheap hand held pump sprayer and then I use a foam paint roller to even it out and work into the fabric. No wasted tees or ink. I do a lot of red tees and they are the hardest to get an even and thorough white ink design to cover the red. The pretreat has to be perfect on the reds. The thing is, if it is bad pretreat, then it appears to be not enough ink...especially white ink. So you run another pass with more ink and still crappy looking. I would have to say all aspects of the pretreatment process are the most critical step in dark tee printing on the TJET.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts