T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi There,

I highly doubt I will be able to find someone with a similar issue to this, but I figured I will give it a shot.

I bought a GCC Jaguar IV 101S from someone, came with no cables but the power cable. Brought it home, had my own USB cable (three of them). Plugged it in and it fails to install the USB driver on the PC. Windows updates cannot install it either.

Tried a 2nd PC running windows 7, received the same issue. I will take a photo later of the error that I am getting.

Anyway, the next stage was to install the driver from GCC's website. This wasn't promising because the initial step for Windows to install the USB driver had failed.

Anyway, during the startup of the driver, it asks that the Jaguar be plugged in and turned on, then press Next. This stage when turned off the driver recognized it was off...Turned it on and it allows for the next step. However, it errors out saying "Could not initialize installation - File size expected=54517, size returned=551728. I assume this is because Windows didn't install the USB driver initially.

I contacted GCC Support and they couldn't figure it out, couldn't even do a firmware update. Resolution was to go buy a serial to USB. So I bought that and a Parellel to USB.

Received them both, contacted GCC again, tried for almost two hours with Serial, wouldn't work.

Parellel to USB did work, however in the process of cutting, lines are being missed.

Any suggestions at all for any of the problems?

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hello my friend,
I have the exact same problem with my Jaguar IV61.
If you find or find a solution to the problem, I'd love to hear ...

Hey there.

Yes I had a solution for this! ($300 later).

I worked extensively with GCC and we determined that the firmware was too old on the main board. We attempted to update, but they suggested I needed to do it from windows XP, which I didn't have at the time.

I ordered a new main board from them with the updated firmware. Installed it and working just fine now. :)

This being said, I would have worked more extensively at getting the firmware updated, but the person I bought the cutter off of paid for the repair.

So all in all, got a $5000 cutter for $700! ;)

I have the firmware updater software still that GCC left on my PC if you made want a copy of it to give that a go.

· Registered
1 Posts
Hey there.

I worked extensively with GCC and we determined that the firmware was too old on the main board. We attempted to update, but they suggested I needed to do it from windows XP, which I didn't have at the time.

I ordered a new main board from them with the updated firmware. Installed it and working just fine now. :)

This being said, I would have worked more extensively at getting the firmware updated, but the person I bought the cutter off of paid for the repair.

I have the firmware updater software still that GCC left on my PC if you made want a copy of it to give that a go.
Hello,

have got exactly the same problem with installing the cutter on a new machine, is there any chance you could send me the GCC updater if possible?

Regards,

Anna

· Registered
41 Posts
I am also having a problem getting my cutter to talk to my machine. Sad part is, it was working fine until I installed my new hard drive and had to reinstall all my software. Now I can't get GreatCut 2 or GreatCut 4 to send to cutter. It sees my cutter, but won't talk to it.

· Registered
320 Posts
I am also having a problem getting my cutter to talk to my machine. Sad part is, it was working fine until I installed my new hard drive and had to reinstall all my software. Now I can't get GreatCut 2 or GreatCut 4 to send to cutter. It sees my cutter, but won't talk to it.
So you just need to get GC2/4 and install there to get cutter back to work.

· Registered
1 Posts
Hey there.

Hi there
Now, two years later, I have the exact same problems. Is the WIN XP updater package still availiable for a try? My mail is on your PM.
/Kristian

· Registered
1 Posts
Hey there.

Hi there is there any chance of getting this firmware, please [email protected]

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.