T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This firm have an ebay shop selling all things to do with printing Tee shirts, has anybody out used them

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Hi Robert. I've dealt with them once for consumables. Had to chase them up, but the items were as described.

They did disappear off the EBay scene a couple of months ago, for quite a long period. Their own website also showed up with an 'account suspended' notice at the same time. Without knowing the circumstances, I can't really comment on why that was.

Only thing I'd suggest, is to buy using PayPal, as you at least have their buyer protection that way.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Hi, I have just bought a 38 x 38 swing away from tek-press, arrived within 3 days, well packed, no instructions or paperwork of any kind! Made in China (as expected), seems solidly made.
Not fired it up yet, will do in the next few days and try it out on a few home printed transfers. I am a coplete newbie to this shirt printing game so I am going slow and praticing before putting it out there!
I will report when I have news. I know all sound advice is to pay out for a branded/big name press but they are also big money (I know you get what you pay for etc). I would sooner outgrow the heat press and in time have to buy a big name one, rather than find I had lost interest and burnt my fingers (no pun intended) and hard earned on a high price piece of kit. T

·
Registered
39 Posts
Due to a change in family circumstances I had to buy a plotter.......bought a Refine MH 1351 from Tek Press via Ebay last Friday afternoon.arrived this morning and seems very good for the money it cost........certainly not the Mimaki that I was used to...but it cost under £300 and the Mimaki was £4000 so you have to cut it some slack!

john

·
Registered
6 Posts
hi,
i have bought a combo press from them ive actually been to see the guy very friendly and helpful, we had a problem with the cup press he just replaced it no questions asked. He also told me how to setup sublimation which printer to get etc ,it doesnt work all that well but thats not the advice its just in my opinion
sub ink is a bloody nightmare only use that if your printing everyday.
I would reccomend buying off this guy.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi everyone

(1st post and complete newbie to the whole Dye Sub thing!)

We bought a combi package from Tek-Press. There were a couple of problems with delivery and on arrival a couple of things missing.
On speaking to James these problems were quickly resolved as was an issue with the printer not recognising the cartridges. He simply ordered a new set from another seller on eBay and had them sent - arrived next day!
I got the impression James was working alone and was very busy. Nice bloke and as helpful as he could be.
Have used the press and the mug press so far and had good (saleable) results from both.
I would buy from Tek-Press again. If you need to speak to someone, I would recommend the mobile number as James seems to take it everywhere with him. He even said I could ring him whilst he was away for the weekend, just to confirm that the cartridges had arrived as promised. (They did and I didn't. Didn't see the need to spoil his trip!)

Just thought I'd chip this in. Hope it helps.
Now gonna wander around this great forum soaking up advice hints and tips

Cheers

Andy

·
Registered
163 Posts
Also used them, and have never had any issues with him, was also a little delay on delevery but all the same the full systems worked and are still working nearly 8 mths gone, and beleave me the items have well been used and still work.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Good comments and I think I can put up with a bit of a delay as long as the communication and support is good. Too many ebay cowboys in this game!

Will keep these guys in mind for the future I think seen as we are a little more limited than the states for suppliers etc.

·
Registered
163 Posts
I totaly agree with you jade, you have to be carefull, and like the old saying, better late than never.
;):)

·
Registered
49 Posts
i have bought a combo press with them as will, and james is a good guy also got a cutting plotter of them which i havent used yet becos i dont have a user manual but james said he will send it which i know he will.

·
Registered
3 Posts
If you need to speak to someone, I would recommend the mobile number as James seems to take it everywhere with him. He even said I could ring him whilst he was away for the weekend, just to confirm that the cartridges had arrived as promised.
Hi Andy, you don't happen to have James's mobile number do you, I only have his landline and I need to get in touch with him ASAP.

Cheers in advance.

Wookee:)

·
Registered
25 Posts
UK Tek Press is the only seller on eBay UK that doesn't put a protective outer case on their mug cases, so you end up with lots of breakages.

Having been supplied a defective and potentially dangerous piece of equipment by them (Got refund through PayPal) followed by lots of bad attitude from the seller, I certainly wouldn't deal with them again.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I recently bought Mugs from TEK PRESS off ebay. I'd thought id try them since they were a good price. When i tested the mug the results were strange. The sublimation paper had stuck to the mug. small dots of paper stuck. Setting was on the lightest, and heat was 200 for 3min 50 secs. The only way to get the dots off was to scrub them, this resulted in scratching the mug. Poor quality.

I wont be using them again, not for mugs anyway.

·
Registered
163 Posts
@ BennTec
Only time i`ve had this happen to me with my mug presses was due to eather papper not right or press heat ellement not giving sufecent heat all round the mug.
If you cheque the mugs and make sure the seal on the mug is not pealing them it can be eather issues.....
Platen-heat ellement not working right and probs on way out as they do go, also presure been applied to mug, make sure its covering the mug or cup fully.
Also cheque the papper you printing on and also your ink system, it can be a number of things.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Hi TVS.
Well ive managed to print on the mugs. It was a simple problem really. Heat press time. i lowerd the press time to 3mins. Rather than the 3.50mins. I also wrapped the mug in silicon paper to add extra protection.
Bingo it worked.

However, the mugs still scratch easy with rough side of a sponge.

Definatley an Economy mug.
still wary about them.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Although I've used Tek Press in the past for little oddments, I wouldn't buy any mugs off them, as the coating is far too soft for commercial printing. A couple of trips through a dishwasher using powerball or similar and you'll end up with a lot of very disgruntled customers. :(

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi,
I recently bought a swing away heat press (HP3805B) off this chap but now find he has disappeared again.

I'm struggling to set the temperature by following the (not very good) instructions.

Can anyone help me please.

Peter

·
Registered
2 Posts
I think I have now cracked these settings - going to check them out and post some non-translated instructions on how to operate this machine.

Peter

·
Registered
163 Posts
Hi again BennTec, glad you geting there with the press machine.
Like CUSTOM UK has said, i have my own supplyer of mugs and plates ect that i get all my own personal stuff off, but its all testing with a supplyer and their items they have, and then it is choosing the right one for you.
I`ve gone through quite a few people and have chosen the one i personaly think is the best and the feedback i have from my customers is also good.

Hi penmore
Peter it is always the case regretfully with such instructions that come with the machines these days, and it is all down to preference and trile and error.
What best suits you will no doubts not suit another person owning the same type machine and the reason why so many say different.
Heat, time and product or item you are pressing onto is a major factor, weather you are useing subli ink and papper on items or useing vinyl it will differ a lot, and many platens of the same type of machines do give off different heat at the same temp so even thoe they look the same can work some what different than one another.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts