T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I am looking for a T-shirt manufacturer in the UK. So far i have had no joy in my quest for finding one. If anyone can help, i would love to hear from you. I really want to produce am much as possible from the UK.

Thanks a lot.

Sophie

·
Registered
6 Posts
I understand what you are saying but customers intellectual property is important so images on the site are only there to show what sort of thing can be done. I don't mind them showing mine but lots of people want to keep things under wraps as to where the have their clothes made.

·
Registered
245 Posts
I understand what you are saying but customers intellectual property is important so images on the site are only there to show what sort of thing can be done. I don't mind them showing mine but lots of people want to keep things under wraps as to where the have their clothes made.
I never realised it was possible to work out where clothes were manufactured from looking at a picture. If it was me I would be promoting that the clothing is from the UK, close up pictures/ pictures of the labels.... Made in England etc etc.

The fact you have used a popular/well known picture of an imported fleece goes against everything they/you are trying to promote.

As Paul said.... Surely you would use pictures of your own garments that have been created??

·
Registered
40 Posts
I find it weird that they don't show at least something that they have made. It's very misleading.

I emailed them a while back asking for a sample t-shirt they were very aloof and made an excuse that everything they made was custom manufactured and they couldn't supply one. I've had garments made in China, Turkey and India and every time they could supply me something they had manufactured to give me a feel of the quality of their work.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi all,

I visited this company a few weeks back. The chap was very helpful but didn't really fill me with much confidence. He was quite willing to show me samples of work they'd "done" but I wasn't quite sure they were actually made in the UK.

Some of the work shown was of leading sports brands which struck me as odd considering the office was based in a cheap office block in Newton Aycliffe. Perhaps I was expecting something more?

This company seems to be a middleman and they do a lot of work in Asia. There was no mention of where their UK factories are and if you use Google a few interesting issues will arise (check their twitter feed for example).

Also: http://www.apmclothingdevelopment.co.uk/ is the same company.

Apologies for my inconclusive message but there were more questions than answers after I'd left. Maybe a visit to their factories in the UK will be in order.

·
Registered
245 Posts
I see the homepage write up has changed along with the image of the lady in the Uneek hoodie. However the Lady wearing the orange hoodie is in fact wearing a Gildan Hoodie. They arent looking very English at all to me!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts