T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys

I'm looking for a t-shirt manufacturer in the UK who actually produces the shirts here in the UK. My previous 2 suppliers have not been able to provide the quality and/or service I'm looking for. I am told there are places in Leicester, but I'm yet to find anywhere.

If you know of any UK t-shirt manufacturers, I'd really appreciate it if you could let me know their contact details.

Thanks,

Drew

·
Registered
241 Posts
BB Leisurewear in Derby, they manufacture there and also in Turkey, all done ethically/fair trade etc. Fantastic quality, good prices, service leaves a lot to be desired.

Also found a place in Nottingham but they wholesale plain white tees at £8ea!

Justin :)

·
Registered
163 Posts
A friend of mine had a cousin who does T-shirts and such, and they are 100% cotton and i have been useing him for a long time.
He does most sizes and colours, but i mainly use white and blue and grat aswell as brown, but i buy from him 50 a time and it costs me roughly £1.99 a top, and if i buy 100 or more i get them as cheap as £1.50 and have never had a issuw with them.
I know he does school tops and such but i just use him for my T-shirts and all my customers are happy ;)
If you want any just let me know.

·
Registered
71 Posts
You could try Papini, who are based in Pontefract. I've been dealing with them for a few years, always had excellent and polite service. They also do a bespoke service.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Uneek clothing do not make in the UK to my knowledge.
I think they have their own factories un pakistan ?
Their Polos are great quality and price, their t shirts were very dissapointing.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Sounds like you had a bad time with them. I'm not a rep for them just had good service but would be interested to know about an alternative source. I'm looking for some 80s style woman’s Ts them that fall off one shoulder and some Gym style vests any help would be appreciated

·
Registered
7 Posts
Did you ever find an UK Manufacturer? I too am keen to produce tshirts from the UK. I cant believe its so hard to find UK factories still in existence. I know we have the minimum age but so does the rest of Europe who still manage to manufacture? If you know of anyone please let me know if you don't mind sharing such privileged info.

Thanks
Sophie

·
Registered
71 Posts
I'm afraid the sad truth is Sophie, that the reason you can't find manufacturers here is that the likes of M&S took all their work abroad to save themselves money!!
There are still small outlets, otherwise we wouldn't have fabric manufacturers here either:)

You need to look for people who do CMT (cut make & trim) then you just supply the fabric and the design, and away you go:):)

·
Registered
53 Posts
most of the t shirts in the UK are coming from abroad. B and B also have it done abroad since in UK it works out very expensive. Yes 4 years back in Leicester there were many t shirt manufacturer but have closed down

·
Registered
224 Posts
wait for a big rise in prices...the cost of cotton abroad now has gone through the roof, and 2 of my importers/suppliers have put the prices through the roof on their t-shirts...looks like a lot are going to be doing the same. Not sure if it's a worldwide cotton thing or just asia, as all those with manufacturing facilities there have, or are, putting up their prices!

You never know...at this rate, could see a few factories re-opening in the UK, lol, but still doubt it!

Most companies that say they can produce here in the UK for you...please don't believe! They just source the job out abroad and are just middlemen!

1 - 20 of 56 Posts