T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone!

Im trying to buy a print press this week so i can start screen printing. However im findin it really difficult to find something in the UK :(

So far i have found http://www.screenprintsuppliesuk.com...&=SID#MOREINFO

Which i am considering buying the four colour press.

and

Wicked Printing Stuff Website

Which i am also considering (four colour also).

The problem is i have no idea what one is better and i havent been able to find any other sites that sell presses around this price range.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks Everyone :confused:

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Hi Jace,

I'm also looking for equipment, I just want a one or two colour press to start with but they are more than i want to pay.

I 've looked at both those sites several times trying to decide.

I have a post running as well and someone on there pointed me in the direction of a site that has plans for a four colour press to make yourself if you are handy with tools.

Good luck

Lee

·
Registered
112 Posts
Hi I think you are on the right track with either of those presses. I have a riley hopkins 6 col for my multicolour work,but have just purchased a two colour axit press(privately) for one/two colour work.There is enough adjustment and the registration holds very well.
I think your deciding factor may be the wicked press has micro registration, axit press doesn't.
Good luck with your choice

this is axit... http://www.silkscreenprintingmachines.co.uk/

·
Registered
41 Posts
Hi,

Thanks a million for that. Am just looking into screen printing - just heat pressing at moment. Have no idea what else I even need or how process works!!

All I know is whatever way I do it I am on a very tight budget. Any advise??

Thanks again.

·
Registered
103 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Lelio,

I use Thermoflex. Tried vinyl from only one company in UK - Target Tranfer and it was terrible. Really sticky - never seemed to dry properly and I did everything as they instructed.
Don't know what delivery charges to you are from UK companies but I know for that one roll from target it works out cheaper for me to order Thermoflex from US - I use Bestblanks.com. Only dowm side is they dn't accept Cr Card so you have to wire money through to them - worth it though - I have never had a problem using this vinyl.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Themagictouch and xpres are in my opinion the best places to but vinyl/flock etc.

I am sure they are as you say - I have not tried them. I started with Thermoflex because of what I had read here so I have stuck with it - as I say I have never had any problems with it.

I think there is a supplier of Xpres in Ireland so I must try it - obviously I would prefer buy nearer to home.

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Both themagictouch and xpres will send samples if asked, also try targettransfers, graphityp and thetransferpress.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts