T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys, Got an Issue here.
Ok so i stepped up to Gallons of emulsion. First gallon. Same Brand, I always used { CCI } Have done plenty of shirts with this emulsion. Ill outline the differences with the gallon, as opposed to the Quart.
As soon as i tried this emulsion, I noticed there was an Orange colour, that was washing off, when I was washing out the image. Very close to the Sensitizers colour in fact....
This is the first time i used Distilled water, i usually used tap water.
I coat a whole wack of screens at once, maybe every 3 weeks. This time, when i opened up the emulsion, it was really thick, and chunky like. there were large goops of semi hardened emulsion, { still soft, and once grabbed and squished with gloves on, they returned back to regular emulsion state}
I know what your thinking, The edge around the lid. Air got in. Not only did i clean it, i stood on the rim to ensure a good seal.
Anyways, i stirrred and stirrrred and stirrrrrrred untill it was really smooth again. Theni coated. It went on fine. Everything works. I have burned 4 screens, and they are mint. No problems.
Ok Answers. Do you guys ave any experience with this?? Is it simply a fact that the gallons get a bit thicker? I never had this problem with the quarts. { In fact i put a quart full into an old empty one, just so i have a back up should this stuff get hard as rock!}

Solutions? I think that putting the emulsion upside down, { that is lid down} will eliminate ANY air problems, should this be one. { I really, Really tried to make it air tight last time...}

Any input would be greatly appreciated Fellas and Gals

Carpe Diem!

·
Registered
227 Posts
ffokazak said:
Hey Guys, Got an Issue here.
Ok so i stepped up to Gallons of emulsion. First gallon. Same Brand, I always used { CCI } Have done plenty of shirts with this emulsion. Ill outline the differences with the gallon, as opposed to the Quart.
As soon as i tried this emulsion, I noticed there was an Orange colour, that was washing off, when I was washing out the image. Very close to the Sensitizers colour in fact....
This is the first time i used Distilled water, i usually used tap water.
I coat a whole wack of screens at once, maybe every 3 weeks. This time, when i opened up the emulsion, it was really thick, and chunky like. there were large goops of semi hardened emulsion, { still soft, and once grabbed and squished with gloves on, they returned back to regular emulsion state}
I know what your thinking, The edge around the lid. Air got in. Not only did i clean it, i stood on the rim to ensure a good seal.
Anyways, i stirrred and stirrrred and stirrrrrrred untill it was really smooth again. Theni coated. It went on fine. Everything works. I have burned 4 screens, and they are mint. No problems.
Ok Answers. Do you guys ave any experience with this?? Is it simply a fact that the gallons get a bit thicker? I never had this problem with the quarts. { In fact i put a quart full into an old empty one, just so i have a back up should this stuff get hard as rock!}

Solutions? I think that putting the emulsion upside down, { that is lid down} will eliminate ANY air problems, should this be one. { I really, Really tried to make it air tight last time...}

Any input would be greatly appreciated Fellas and Gals

Carpe Diem!
I recieved some emulsion in the winter that fit the discription you just described it happened from the emulsiuon getting frozen then thawed in the back of some UPS Truck....

·
Registered
3,800 Posts
hey squirts, its nice to have you around. You always come thru with an idea or 2 to help tackle some of these hang ups.

Thanks a lot.

Give yourself a raise......:D

·
Registered
227 Posts
T-BOT said:
hey squirts, its nice to have you around. You always come thru with an idea or 2 to help tackle some of these hang ups.

Thanks a lot.

Give yourself a raise......:D
"Squirt" is my 6 year old Chihuahua.... She's the owner of this Shop... I'll have to talk to her about that raise.... Not a bad idea, but doubt she'll go for it... Thanks for trying anyway..... LOL

1 - 5 of 5 Posts